Farewell

lol this shit is sad i hate me too. listen to stay here by gaho for the tears, thanks.

***

Jimin was the first one to burst through the door with a wail.

"Tell me it's not true," he cried, throwing himself in between Namjoon and I and burying his body against both of us.

We cuddled him close, concern for what was to come immediately dissipating into concern for only Jimin, who looked like his heart was breaking, too.

"I'll be fine," I assured him, patting his head while he cried into Namjoon's stomach. "They're taking care of me and giving me a great recommendation, and no one will know about any of this outside of Korea."

I looked at the door to see the rest of the boys gathered, too. Each had tears in their eyes, except for Jungkook, who attempted a steady smile when we met each other's gaze. "I'll be fine," I said again, feeling more confident the more I repeated it.

Suddenly the bed became a dog pile, and I found my wind pipe cut off by Taehyung's elbow. There was a mess of protests, limbs, and tears all at once, but I cherished the feeling of being crushed by such a loving force, for once. Not that I hadn't been loved before. But now, surrounded by these boys as I was, it was hard to focus on anything but love—the love they bore for each other, what love they had for me, and the large love I had developed for all of them.

We laid like that for a while, all mashed on top of my bed. My left leg was thrown over Namjoon's stomach while my right was pinned under Yoongi's thigh; my left hand trapped tightly in Hobi's while the other sifted through Taehyung's hair.

"I'm going to miss you," I finally said, feeling the tears form again.

"It's my fault," Jimin choked out from his spot next to Namjoon. He held onto him tighter with the confession.

I lifted my head off of Jin's shoulder, but he opened his mouth first. "It is not your fault, Jimin," he practically yelled. "Don't think that for a second."

The pile shifted just a bit, so we could all squash Jimin more lovingly. "It's no one's fault," Hoseok added softly. "It just is what it is. And whatever it is, it'll be good for all of us."

Jungkook placed a hand on my cheek to draw my attention away from Taehyung's split ends, which I was starting to pick at dangerously. "Will you come back and see us?" he asked.

I shook my head. "Probably not for a long while. But if you're ever touring in my area, I'll let you know."

"Where will you go?"

I bit my lip and lied, just a bit. "I don't know. Someplace I'm in love with, that I don't have a genetic connection to. Someplace I can love almost as much as I love being right here, with you." Namjoon's eyes found me through all the bodies, and he lifted his eyebrows in a question, though the look in his eyes told me he knew. I gave a small nod to confirm but said nothing else, clinging tightly to one last promise.

It was Namjoon, oddly enough, who finally said, "You need to pack."

With the leader's example, we all shuffled off my bed and began to put things away.

Taehyung and Jungkook handled my pictures—

"I promise that there is no one better suited to the task. I happen to love photos, and Jungkook happens to love me, so we'll treat them very carefully."

"Yah, you know I care about camera work too."

"Jungkookie, you can go make sure my camera bag is packed," I finally said with an eye roll. The maknae skipped away towards the part of my room devoted to my work, which was full of so much equipment I had splurged on here I wondered if it was better to just gift it to him.