Questioned

"You really don't have to do this," I implored Jimin.

"I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing it for me," he said unconvincingly, dragging me by the arm into the sunny weekend day.

"What if you get recognized?" I hissed, immediately feeling uneasy even when we were still in the apartment compound.

"We don't have to go far. I know the perfect place."

I failed to suppress a sigh. When I casually mentioned that I needed to send my mother a postcard, Jimin jumped at the opportunity.

"I still can't believe you haven't sent your mom anything. You've been here half a year already."

"I've been working, we've been working, and I haven't even had time to do anything like a tourist, so I haven't seen too many postcards to send her."

Jimin walked with purpose, expertly maneuvering down the road. When the crowds started to grow too thick and my short legs struggled to keep up, he gripped my wrist and weaved through the waves of people without even a look at me. I snorted as he covered his eyes with dark sunglasses and tugged his beanie tighter on his head, as if those two items could cover up the ethereal beauty that is Park Jimin.

After thirty minutes in the sun, I was beginning to tire. And sweat. And not cute sweat. "Jimin," I whined.

He turned around and immediately stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. "Are you okay?"

I wiped my forehead. "Can we slow down?"

Instead, he pursed his thick lips. "No. We're almost there. Just hold on."

He led the way again, but slowed down this time. His grip on my wrist loosened, and his hand fell into mine casually.

I slipped our hands apart, trying to discreetly rub the sweat off of my hands. I smiled sheepishly at the hurt look on his face. "Sorry," I said.

Another frown found his face. But he nodded and smiled. "We're here," he chirped, turning towards the building behind him. It screamed "gift shop" without being overbearing, but was just cute enough that I didn't have to worry about cliché tourist gifts.

"How do you find places like this?" I asked in awe as we made our way inside. Postcards of all kinds were displayed in the shop, from shots of temples and well-known buildings to different universities, geographic locations, and celebrities. The possibilities were endless. I quickly found the one that my mom would appreciate the most: an aerial shot of the city that captured the exact feel of wonder I felt whenever I stopped in the middle of a busy road.

Jimin shrugged, examining a few cards. "I like to send them home occasionally. They have the best pictures here."

I nodded in agreement, although I was continuously shocked at the sweet, sentimental gestures that Jimin could muster up without a second thought.

After I paid for the postcard, we wandered back to the apartments, taking considerably more time to walk now that we'd completed our mission. We passed through a farmer's market, finding cute crafts and fresh foods that made my mouth water.

"What is that?" I asked, gawking at an enormous fruit.

"Um...those are pears," Jimin explained gently.

I shook my head. "No, that doesn't look the ones I eat in the States."

"They're fairly popular here. Do you want one?"

I bit my lip. "I think they only take cash."

"So?"

I grimaced. "I don't have enough."