Snapped

"Can we run an experiment?" I asked innocently, bouncing my weight on my legs while I held my laptop securely in my arms, knowing I was too excited to be holding such an expensive instrument at this moment.

Jimin and Yoongi said together: "No."

Yoongi's head snapped towards Jimin, shocked. "Why did you say no?"

Jimin eyed me warily. He shrugged and stayed quiet.

"Then I say yes," Yoongi changed his mind with a purse of his lips.

"Jimin," I said carefully, wanting to avoid any names that might upset him, "I think you'll really like it once you know what it is."

I had already talked to management and Yumi about this, and somehow I had made it work. Of course, I had used my own account for some research, but today, everything would be completely official.

Jimin studied me for a few seconds, and my heart gave an uneasy pang at the thought that I had somehow made this boy sad, more calculating, had moved him further away from who Park Jimin was. This was part of the reason for doing this. I would fix this, no matter what.

Something changed in his eyes. "Okay, what is it?"

I squealed and sat down in between them, opening the computer on the coffee table so that they both could see. "Even though I know I'm not supposed to, I interact with fans."

"You what?" came Seokjin's screech from the kitchen. He came out with a bowl of food, noodles half falling out his mouth as he said, "Isn't that against your job description?"

I wrinkled my nose. "No, it's just not permitted to use the official account. None of these people know I work here."

Taehyung came out of his room, yawning widely. "What are you talking about?"

I started waving my hands dramatically to tell the story, hyped up despite my better instincts. "So, I've been missing the states lately—I know, you guys are great, but you aren't a replacement for American food."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow at me. "Try telling Na—"

"Anyways," I continued on quickly, "like the five-year-old I am," I looked around for Jungkook to back me up, but he was still napping on the opposite couch, "I decided to follow a bunch of fan accounts."

Hoseok bounded in the room then. "You did?" He was the only one that looked as excited as I was.

I nodded. "So, I've been talking to these people—and some of them are embarrassingly younger than me, but all of them are super chill and just fun to chat with, and give advice to, and—" I paused. "Oh no, I'm not a predator, am I?"

Seokjin snickered. "No, you're just a mom. Was Jungkook not giving you enough trouble lately?"

It turned out that he was awake, and chose this moment to fling a pillow at Seokjin's head.

"Not Jin hyung's head, Jungkookie," Jimin said sternly. "What would we do without his good face?"

Jin continued down that road, taking over the conversation. "Yeah, would we rely on my dancing? I don't think so," he said, putting his bowl down to go tackle the youngest on his couch.

I deadpanned and looked towards Namjoon, who had just emerged from the hall and was leaning against the doorframe leading into the living room. He laughed softly at my expression.

I squared my shoulders to reign the attention back in on my narcissistic self. "Anyways," I said again, "I want to give them a surprise."

"A surprise?" Hoseok asked.