Secrets

Today was Saturday. I decided to call grandpa Caleb and Nana Mia over. I wanted to know everything about the family.

"So, as you can tell I'm a very curious person. So what's with this story about grandpa being a badass in Italy and why did no one told us that Kai was your dad?" I asked grandpa.

He just sighed and said, "Kai was a terrible person. He was your great grandma's Elena ex boyfriend. And he raped her. He threaten my mother and Elena. We had to go back to Italy. Life wasn't easy and we struggled a lot."

"I only killed that person cause he was threatening my mother with a gun. I was not about to let my mother die. since it was self-defense I didn't face jail And I was a minor. It wasn't the nicest neighbourhood so I had to defend myself."

"Whoa, that's a lot grandpa." I hugged him.

"And we used to solve things by killing whoever messed with our families." We turned to see great great grandpa Pietro. Course I call him grandpa. I'm too lazy to say great great twice. Plus grandpa sounds better. I went to hug him.

"Where's grandma Mar?" I asked.

"She's with Elena watching a movie. It's their day." He chuckled.

"So, what else have we missed?" Allie asked.

"Well, they killed a college guy, he sweet talked to your mom and he raped her. he ended up getting roasted." Bri answered to Allie. She hugged Brisa.

I had no idea our families went through a lot. No wonder everyone knew how to defend and security in the houses were very high.

"Some girls paid the price for messing with my donut lover." Grandpa said while looking at Aunt Mel.

"Let's just say. Our work was never found by anyone. We made sure to clear every evidence of the victims. The police were useless so we took matters on our hands. But that's in the past and no drama has hit us." Dad commented.

"And we promise you Mar, when this person that slammed you against the car shows up. He's gonna wish he never touched you." Mom said. I went to hug my parents. All of our families were under one roof today. It was time we knew more about our families. I always knew we weren't normal. I mean we are but you get my point.

"Since we're being honest. I've been teaching, Allie, Autumn and Mar, how to defend themselves. Even how to handle guns in case of an emergency." Grandpa said sheepishly. We chuckled as the adults looked at us. Gotta be prepared.

I wasn't scared to be honest. I see it as getting rid of people who don't deserve to breathe. The horror they did has no forgiveness.

•••••••••

Later that day we went to hang out with our friends. We grabbed lunch and then went to play laser tag.

"Ha! Take that Stefano." I stuck my tongue out.

"Never let your guard down." He said before shooting me. That's what I get for bragging.

We ended up losing. Bella actually won.

"Hope you guys don't mind, but I'm stealing Autumn. We have a date night." Leo said while wrapping his arms around Autumn.

"Go right ahead. Have fun." I said, they waved and then left.

"Uhm, is there a reason why Stefano is talking to her?" Jacob said while pointing behind me. I turned to see him being flirty with that girl.

"It's fine, it's not like I like him." I sighed. I left the place. I was so confused. I thought he was talking about me that day in the parking lot. Guess I was wrong. I mean sure I think he's cute and I like his company. But to think we could be something more?

Yeah, it did crossed my mind. Guess back to square one to not let anyone in. I made that mistake with Stefano.

Stefano

"Hey guys, where's everyone?"

"Leo and Autumn have a date night. And Mar said her head was hurting her so she went home." Bella answered.

"You can swing by her house to check on her if you really care about her." Jacob suggested.

"I will swing later. I was talking to this girl, and she told me she has an owl cafe with her husband. Well it's gonna open in a week. And I want to take Mar there. I know she loves owl. Figured a date there would be perfect."

"So you weren't flirting?" Allie asked.

"No, people confuse me being nice with flirty. Is that why Mar left?" They looked at me then at each other. "Well that just tells me one thing. Mar likes me back. I mean I already knew she did, but this confirms it."

"Well, we're team Stena. Even though I want her to myself." Bella sighed.

"A what?" We said confused.

"Your name and Mariana's. Sheesh you people know nothing." She rolled her eyes. We just chuckled.

After talking to them, I drove over to Mar's house. I was gonna have so much fun right now.