Coffee and Owls

Stefano

As soon as I arrived I knocked. To my surprise she opened it. I stepped inside and we walked to the living room.  I said hi to her parents and Mateo. Who I just promised to play video games later.

"Principessa, remember how you said that you owe me one?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, I want a date."

She looked at me surprised and said, "I'm not someone you can play with. I saw you being flirty with that girl after laser tag. Which by the way she looks a bit older than you." she huffed.

"Well, she's married and I wasn't being flirty. She just told me she had this cool coffee house that will open in a week. And I wanted to make a reservation before anyone else did."

"Oh."

"Jealousy looks so good on you. Told you you liked me back." I smirked.

"Wipe that smirk off your face, mister." She rolled her eyes. 

I interlaced our fingers, "since the first day I saw you I liked you. Not sure what it was, maybe cause you were huffing and got so grumpy. I thought it was very adorable. You're something else and I want to get to know more about you. So will you go on a date with me. Say next Saturday?" I saw a smile and a blush in her face

"Okay, but if you play with me. I'll wrestle you."

"I don't mind a little wrestling." I winked.

"You're something else." She chuckled. "Can't wait to see this place and see bad boy Stefano be a romantic."

"You'll see." I kissed her cheeks then went to play video games with Mateo.

•••••

I couldn't believe I just agreed to go on a date with Stefano. I usually say no in a heartbeat. But this time I didn't, what's wrong with me lately?

"So, did he prove you wrong about your assumptions?" Mom asked with a slight grin.

"Yeah, and he also asked me on a date. And I said yes."

"Whoa, you must like him a lot to say yes." She teased me.

"Maybe." I shrugged. I didn't know what to expect on a date with him. Hopefully I don't regret It.

••••••

Today was my date, he told me to dress casual. Good cause I hate fancy things. And I'm so not a girly girl.

"You look very pretty, sissy." Mateo said while walking towards me then  hugged my leg. "Thanks munchkin. I promise, you will be my next date night." I tickled him, he just giggled.

We walked to the living room and waited. He was actually ten minutes late.

"So he's ten minutes late and he's not coming. I'm gonna kill him."

"Patience. Maybe something came up." Dad chimed in.

The doorbell rang and mom went to open it. She let whoever it was in.

"Sorry I'm late, I wanted to buy you tulips and a box of cinnamon rolls. Since they're your favorite." He said while walking over to the couch and handed me the tulips with the box.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"You didn't think I stood you up. Did you?"

"Pft nah." Yeah he didn't buy it.

"Next gift, a trampoline." He said causing us to laugh. We said bye and went outside.

"No motorcycle tonight?"

"No, since is our first date, I wanted to treat you nice. So I brought the car. I know you love the motorcycle because it gives you an excuse to touch me."  He winked. I just shook my head. We got inside his car and once we arrived to our destination, he blindfolded me.

"After everything we've been through you're going to kill me." I sighed.

"So dramatic, principessa." He chuckled. He guided me to follow him and once we reached the place. He told me to take off the blindfold. I was in awe.

"Oh My God!" The place had owls. It was like my dreams. I asked if I could pet them and they said yes. Best day ever. I ran over to where Stefano was and gave him a hug.

"This is amazing. Thank you." I said while lightly pulling away. He pulled me back and crashed his lips against mine.

This kiss was out of this world. He had the softest lips, they were so plump. I ended up biting his lower lip. My arms wrapped around his neck as his arms rested on my waist pulling me impossible closer. Couldn't have asked for a better place to have our first kiss than being surrounded by owls.

After our make out, we pulled away to catch our breath. His forehead rested on mine as our eyes locked.

"You have no idea how long I've been craving those lips." He said while caressing my face.

"I think I have an idea." I chuckled.

"I reserved the place for us. Only for two hours. I just wanted you to enjoy the owls and coffee. After this place we're going for dinner."

"Thank you, this date just started and I already love it. The best part is, you were thinking about me and not something shallow like my other dates. You truly surprised me." I said before placing a soft kiss on his lips. 

We sat in a table and waited for our coffee and some cupcakes. I went to play with the owls while waiting. Stefano just chuckled. I felt like a little kid. He took lots of pictures of me and my new best friends. The owls.

After coffee and dinner. We went for a walk on the beach. You know what he did?

He splashed water on me. I did the same. Now I know why he told me to leave my phone in the car. We were soaked. I jumped on his back and he caught me. I've never had so much fun on a date like right now. It turned out to be a great date.