N I G H T O U T

"Here's to us!" 

The gang downed the vodka shots. The liquid burned your insides as you gulped it down. The usual six were seated at the usual booth - the one not quite at the back, but towards the back. However that night, the gang was joined by a new face. Even newer than you. 

Alex had wavy brown hair and was quite tanned. He had the 'goofball' look and fitted in very well with the group. He was just the right amount of cocky but respectful. Courtney brought him along to the gang's weekly outing to the bar, as a date. You were beyond excited for Courtney to have finally found someone that deserves her. 

"Did you see that catch?" he hollered, referring to when he miraculously caught Luke's phone. 

Everyone was giggling, enjoying Alex's easy-going personality. Surprise, surprise, Luke was in a foul mood and it definitely showed on his face. You were going to ask him about his mood, but you quickly realised that he had his stank face while witnessing Courtney and Alex basically fight tonsils. Your eyes widened at the thought of the Luke Hemmings getting jealous. The same Luke Hemmings that acted like he was too good for everything. You shook your head as you giggled, rolling your eyes. 

The opening chord of Sicko Mode blasted from the speakers. Your eyebrows lifted just as fast as Courtney's. "We have to dance!" you screamed over the loud music. You turned towards Calum, quickly telling him that you were going to dance with Courtney. He nodded, returning to his conversation with Ashton. 

Courtney and you got onto the dancefloor that was crowded with other club-goers turning up to the song. The group of you rapped along with the music, enjoying while the night was still young. You loosened up a little, dancing rowdily with Courtney. The shots combined with the atmosphere definitely got you acting like a different person and more importantly, dancing like a different person. 

The heat radiating from the people around you was almost too overwhelming. The lights made you lose your footing a couple of times. The music only got louder as you felt yourself being nudged through the massive crowd of people.  

Before you knew it, a pair of strong hands whisked you to the side. You knew for a fact that those hands were none other than Calum's. You spun around exaggeratedly, locking lips with Calum. "Baby! It's Sicko Mode," you stated excitedly, still on a high from the song. You were confused when he had a blank expression. 

"You were dancing a whole lot, weren't you?" he spat, folding his arms. 

You tore your eyes away from his bulging biceps. Your tipsy state definitely infused more annoyed feelings than normal. "Nobody was looking! Like are you actually serious?" you huffed, riling him up more. 

Even with the loud music surrounding the place, the both of you got some weird looks from others. 

"What do you think all the creeps are going to do when they see someone like you basically flashing them? If I hadn't got there in time, who knows what could have happened?" he argued. You frowned your eyebrows. "That's it. I'm done," you muttered, holding your hands up defeatedly. You went back to the booth to grab your clutch and stormed out of the bar before anyone could ask you anything. 

◧ ◨ ◩ ◪

As usual, Calum was being super closed-off which definitely brought the mood down among the other guys. "What's up, man?" Michael asked after ordering another round of shots. "Yeah, one minute we saw Y/N sensually dancing. The next minute, she's walking out," Ashton commented, a slight smirk on his lips. 

Calum would do anything to punch that smirk right off his face. The thought of having the guys looking at what should have been saved for him as her boyfriend ignited flames in him. He didn't know what to do. He wasn't even sure whether he should have acted out at Y/N the way he did. He was sat with his arms still folded, one leg resting on the other. He tried to down another shot but the burning taste of vodka didn't seem to get rid of the already burning feeling in him. 

He didn't want to think about Y/N anymore at first, but after only five minutes, he found himself worrying about her. Did she get a cab home? Is she even home? Where would she go? Calum groaned at his mind that was going at the speed of light. 

He stood up, not wanting to be there anymore. He muttered a quick goodbye to everyone before riding his motorbike home. 

◧ ◨ ◩ ◪

You heard the sound of the door unlocking. You wrapped the blankets tighter around your body, pretending to be fast asleep. In actual fact, you had been screaming out your frustrations at the wall as soon as you heard the door lock automatically. You had this pent-up rage that was set released within seconds. The screaming fest took out the little energy you had and made you flop onto the bed right after. 

You flinched as the light from the living room peeked into the bedroom. You heard Calum walk into the room, taking off his leather jacket and hanging it in the closet. After changing, he walked back to the bed. 

"Baby, I'm sorry. You know that," he mumbled, knowing better than to think that you were fast asleep. 

You were stubborn and remained still, acting as if you didn't hear anything. He sighed, rubbing his face frustratedly. He took his pillows and left you alone in the room. As he left, you fluttered your eyes open. You turned onto your other side, checking to see if he really left. You felt disappointment pang you as you took in the dark and empty room. You rolled your eyes, going back to fake-sleeping. At the back of your mind, you heard a small voice yearning for him to come back.