T R O U B L E

"Wake up, Y/N!" you heard Courtney beg, waking you up from your deep slumber. 

She shook your body with all her might, desperate for you to just wake up. You squinted at the bright sunshine peeking in through the curtains. "What is it?" you questioned, rubbing the sleep off your eyes. 

"The guys are in trouble," she blurted. Your tiredness immediately faded away at her words. Your eyes opened wide, only then could you see the intense panic in her blue eyes. "Wha-what do you mean?" you stuttered, gory visuals filling your scattered mind. "We have to go now," she replied, pulling you off the bed. 

Both of you rushed to get ready, not wanting to waste any more time. You struggled to get some jeans on, hopping on one foot while badgering Courtney for more details. "Are they okay? What happened?" you questioned, pulling your hair into a ponytail. "You know that gang that wanted to work with them on this heist? Yeah, they basically captured them," Courtney said in between pants from running around the place. 

Your heartbeat almost pounced out of your chest. Just thinking of Calum being tortured made your eyes water. "I shouldn't have let him go yesterday," you blamed yourself. You stopped getting ready, throwing everything on the floor. You remembered the last thing you said to him. 

"I never want to see you again!"

You shuddered at the thought of that being the last thing you would ever get to say to him. Courtney engulfed you in a much-needed hug, telling you that this wasn't your fault. You let out a frustrated sigh before regaining your composure. 

Within seconds, both of you were ready, clad in everything black with weapons stashed under your clothes. You ran out of the villa, only realising that both of you didn't have a car since the guys took it the night before. You looked around for a solution but nothing came to mind. 

Courtney was three steps ahead of you. She approached a good-looking suited man who was leaning on the hood of his shiny sports car, blabbering away on his phone. She eyed him sultrily before basically pouncing on him. He was shocked, to say the least. Her lips were dangerously close to his. You could tell that she had already him under her spell. "Nice car," she flirted, running her hands along the car. He smiled triumphantly, ready to take her on a ride. 

He pulled out his car keys, unlocking it with a simple tap of his finger. At that moment, Courtney snatched his keys before she delivered a harsh kick to his abdomen. He was writhing on the floor, too flabberghasted to process what had just happened. Courtney called out to you, waving her hand furiously. You got into the car and strapped on your seatbelt as Courtney stepped on the pedal. 

Courtney got a GPS from her duffel bag, instructing you to set it up. "Luckily, Michael never goes anywhere without his laptop which has a tracker. The dot shows where they should be," she clarified, driving at lighting-fast speed. You stared the little dot down, praying for the boys to be safe and sound. 

The car got closer and closer to the dot within minutes and soon enough, Courtney pulled up at an abandoned building. The whole street was abandoned, but that particular one gave you goosebumps. You peeked in through the broken windows, hoping for just a glimpse of Calum, but to no avail. Both of you got out of the car, immediately holding out your guns for any surprise attack. 

You pushed the front doors open, but it was locked. You tried to look for a lock to pick, but Courtney instinctively kicked the door open. Consciously but concisely, you scanned the first level. You could hear your heartbeat in your ears as your eyes darted around the whole place. Courtney held the GPS in another hand, approaching where the dot was on the screen. She was bewildered when she was standing on the dot, but the place around her was bear. 

"Where the hell is it?" she yelled frustratedly, clenching her fingers around the device. At that moment, a loud bang echoed against the walls. Both of you instantly stood in position, back to back while your guns were facing straight ahead. Your fingers tingled at the feeling of having a gun in your hands after so long. You spotted a ladder leading to the second floor, concluding that everyone was hiding upstairs. 

You nudged Courtney to climb upstairs. You climbed with all your might, desperate to save the guys. You felt like you were punched in the gut when you saw another empty level. Your lips trembled, the frustration getting to you. Courtney got to the second level right after you, just as confused at the sight in front of her. She was about to return to the first level when something else caught her eyes. 

You realised that she was awfully quiet, so you turned to her. You yelped in shock at what you were looking at. There were large red spray-painted words on the window. The paint was still dripping which meant that whoever 'they' are, they were here today. 

NICE TRY, GIRLS. WE STILL HAVE THEM

You shudder at the thought of them knowing where you were exactly. Courtney screamed in anger, picking up a stone on the floor and hurling it towards the window. The window shattered to pieces, just like your heart at the possible reality of never seeing Calum anytime soon.