t e n

I hear the sound of the engine of Carter's car reffing outside my house, I'm not dressed to impress because it's just Carter and just two friends hanging out, totally nothing to get pretty over. I'm wearing black jeans and a light pink tank top, I walk outside the house when my phone buzzes.

Grayson: Hey, want to hang out? :)

Bella: Sorry, already have plans.

I power off my phone, I'm still quite mad about what happened at the park. Obviously it wasn't Grayson's fault that Jessica showed up, I just feel like I should be mad at him. I have no clue if Grayson and Jessica went home together, and honestly I don't care. It's none of my business about what they do or what they are, after all I don't like Grayson like that and I'm not friends with Jessica.

I'm lost in my thoughts when Carter beeps the horn, I lock the door behind me and jump into his car.

"Hey gorgeous, you look beautiful!" Carter looks me up and down, I smile and he drives off.
"Where are we off to?" I ask as I look around at the streets, trying to pin point where we are going and if anything looks familiar.

"We are going to go have some fun, since I can tell you're not really one for the romantic dates and I'm not either." Carter didn't seem like a romantic type at all, and neither was I. The romantic dinners and other clique things were too cringe for me, it wasn't how love really was. That type of romance is so fake and isn't real, even if you want it to be.

Carter pulled into a bowling alley, excitement bubbled within me as we walked through the automatic sliding doors. It's been a long time since I have gone to a bowling alley, so I was ecstatic to go again.

We grab our shoes and go to our bowling area. Carter goes first and gets his bowling ball ready, his muscles and veins flex as he holds the heavy ball so effortlessly.

"Not trying to scare you but I'm great at bowling." He cheekily smiles, he bowls and gets it into the gutter. I raise an eyebrow, and he gets ready for his second bowl. He bowls and this time knocks down all the pins, my jaw opens slightly.

"Good aim, don't you think?" He winks, "Your turn, princess. Need help?"

"No, I'm good. Thank you very much." I roll my eyes and get my bowling ball. My hand drops slightly as I pick up the ball as I don't expect the weight to be so heavy, I hear Carter laugh and I shoot him a glare.

I bowl and miss the first time. I bowl my second turn and score 6 out of 10 pins, I smile and close my eyes as I do a small dance feeling proud that I didn't get it in the gutter.

As I'm dancing I feel two arms snake around my waist, knowing it's Carter I don't pull away but I stop dancing.

"People are staring at your dancing." Carter laughs and let's go of me to get a bowling ball. I open my eyes and see some people smiling awkwardly at me.

~

We continue to bowl and Carter eventually wins by 15 pins. I call cheating but it's alright, least I know I'm not the worst at bowling.

"So how's you and Grayson going?" Carter looks over his shoulder to me while putting the bowling back. I shrug, I haven't thought about him at all since I've been with Carter which is a good thing I think.

"I don't know why I'm mad at him to be honest. Obviously I'm not happy that he has a 'thing' with my ex-bestfriend, but it's not my business to tell him who he can and can't be with." Carter nods at my response but turns his attention to the door, I go to look over when Carter grabs my hand and I look at him instead.

"Kiss me."

"What?"

"Just do it." Before I have anytime to question him he presses his lips onto mine.

NOTE:

ITS BEEN AGES IM SORRY, IM GOING TO TRY AND FINISH THIS BOOK 💖💘💞💖💘🥺