t h r e e

Pushing through the door of my house I feel so out of place and confused, Grayson being kind and protective? Absolutely bullshit.

"Hey honey, How was school?" The tears threaten to escape my eyes and I don't have the strength to hold them back, I quickly turn away.
"Yeah, it was alright. I'm gonna go upstairs." I run up the stairs and slam my door, I don't hold back the tears anymore. To be honest, I have no clue why I'm crying. I should be happy, bad things could have happened if Grayson wasn't there.

My phone rings pulls me out of my sulk, I wipe my tears and try to calm my voice preparing to mask my shakey voice.
"Hey. I heard what happened with that older guy, are you okay? I'm sorry I wasn't there to help." Jessica's voice is filled with so much concern and guilt.
"Yeah, it's not your fault."
"Okay, hey do you want to hang o-" Her voice is cut off as a male voice is in the background, her phone is muted for a couple seconds.
"I have to go Issie, I'm sorry." I end the call feeling so much rejection and sadness.

Next day:

I walk into school late and by now everyone knows about the issue and the fight that happened in PE, I walk around the school deciding to skip first period, I wasn't ready for the numerous stares and whispers I would get. I find myself at the football fields, I sit on the benches letting the cool breeze blow into my hair.

I could've done so much more, I could have defended myself or called for help. Help that wasn't Grayson's. I play with the loose thread on the end of sweater and wonder what I will do History next period, I have to sit next to Grayson and do my assignment with him.

The bell rings and I make my way to class, the hallways are engulfed in a sea of whispers and stares, I want to break down but this shit wasn't worth it. I walk into class, Grayson looks at me with happy eyes, I sit next to him after noticing there's no free spots.

"Hello, you okay?"
"How do you think I am? Grayson you did this shit, I was handling it and you step in." My eyes darkened and I feel the pain be taken over with anger as it boils.
"I was helping you. You were in trouble."
"You're the one that needs help, can you just go back to not talking to me and leaving me alone." I'm reaching my limit of composure, the anger and pain takes over like its teamed up against me.
"After all you're a fuckboy"
"Excuse me? What the fuck did you call me?" His soft eyes are replaced with deadly eyes that could kill, I look down. He stands up and walks out the door slamming it shut. Everyone stops and looks at me.

Oh shit.

Skipping to Lunch.

No sign of Jessica, I ring her multiple times and go straight to voice mail.

"Hey Issie! Sit with us!" No, no, no. Grayson's brother Ethan calls me over, and Grayson's there staring at me.

Kill me. I walk over sitting next to Ethan and in front of Grayson, Grayson immediately moves as I sit down moving over to the other side of the table. Childish much?

"Haven't seen you in ages! How have you been?"

"I've been okay, bit of drama after what happened." I smile before hearing Grayson mumble something under his breath. I let out a sign and look at Ethan, he looks at me and then at Grayson and I shrug.

"So you and Grayson, huh?" Ethan's stupid friend Josh speaks up wiggling his eyebrows. I blush in embarrassment, looking away and then at Grayson who balls his fists.
"There's nothing going on between us, thank you"
"I actually agree with her for once." Grayson mutters, and josh laughs.
"Bullshit, you guys dating yet?" Before I say anything, Grayson interrupts.
"Josh, I've barely talk to her besides I'm not interested in bitches who judge too quickly."

I think the fuck not.

Just a shortish chapter to fill in this chapter.