n i n e

"Hey Gray, didn't expect to see you at the park!" Jessica sits right in between Grayson and I with her back towards me, pretty much blocking my existence.

"Hey Jessica, what's up?" Grayson says giving a small smile, his tone is so bored and it's so obvious that he's not happy to see her, either Jessica is too blinded by love or she just doesn't care.

"Call me Jess, baby. All my good friends call me Jess." I feel a sharp pain in my heart, I already know she said that to hurt my feelings, I feel so betrayed and unwanted, I suddenly want to leave. "even thought you're more than a friend, Gray." Jessica winks at him, Grayson ignores her and stares over her shoulder at me, she moves her hand on his thigh and he averts his gaze to her.

I quickly stand up, feeling disgusted and upset, "I've gotta go, you can tell me whatever you wanted to say to me later, Grayson." Grayson nods and smiles at me before Jessica turns his cheek and kisses him, I leave to the car park of the park and realise that Grayson was my ride home. How do I get home?

I start walking home, it's a 30 minute walk from my house and it's starting to storm. I'm literally so unlucky at the moment, a car then pulls in next to me and the window rolls down.

"Hey gorgeous, need a ride?" Carter winks from inside his car, I'm so desperate to get home before the storm that I hop in.

"Hey Carter, thanks for giving me a ride." Carter turns his car around and starts driving.
"Anything for you, why were you at the park?"
"I was hanging out with Grayson when Jessica and her friends came." Out of the corner of my eye I see him grab the steering wheel tightly and roll his eyes, I have no clue what's going between them, I give him my address and he makes his way there.

Honestly, any smart person would see the signs Grayson is giving me and would think he likes me, but I hate assuming and then finding out that they don't like me. It's sucks and it's stupid but I'm protecting myself from getting hurt.

Carter pulls up into my driveway, "Do I get a reward for driving you?" He winks at me, I roll my eyes. "You want a reward for doing something for someone else instead of yourself? That's pretty low." I laugh before opening the car door and making my way to the front door.

"That isn't what I meant, Isabella. You do owe me though, you could have been walking the whole way home but your knight in shining armour came and rescued you. So you owe me a date." Carter calls out the window, I can't tell if he's serious.  Carter going on a date? With me? He doesn't seem like a 'date person'.

"I'm serious, let me take you out, it will be fun." He smiles cheekily, I nod slowly and walk into my house.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow."

~~~~~

Ew these chapters just get worse :(. lmaooo if you don't like the book please don't read it, obviously I'm not saying Grayson is a fuck boy or a horrible person. Obviously the main character is dumb, if I made her smart the book would be shorter :) so yeah she is gonna miss obvious signs but it's ok :).