intro

Don't say a word, just come over and lie here with me
Cause I'm just about to set fire to everything I see

***

The neon sign in the window flickered twice before going dark for the night, the blinds dropping down behind it.

I vaguely registered Ariana Grande's latest song coming from the jukebox, but I could focus on nothing but the tongue at my earlobe.

"If we do this, no one can find out about it," I warned as his fingertips trailed waves of fire down my spine.

My head dropped back as warm, lush lips pressed against my neck in that spot that made my knees weak.

"As you wish, darling," he whispered before gently grazing the delicate skin with his teeth. "I wouldn't tell a soul."

"And it means absolutely nothing. We are both free to date other people, no matter how many times this happens."

"Mm-hmm. Dozens of other people," he agreed, stroking my hip from beneath my black tank top.

I bit my bottom lip into my mouth, eyelids falling shut in a combination of pleasure and frustration.

That obnoxious little voice in my head was working overtime:

This would be a mistake.
Things would get messy.
I wasn't in love with him.

But when I felt those strong hands gripping my thighs, his tongue dancing across the swell of my breasts, I silenced that little voice for good.

With our clothes in a heap on the bar floor, we threw caution to the wind and gave in to the satisfying burn of a friendship set on fire.

***

I want you so bad I'll go back on the things I believe..
There, I just said it
I'm scared you'll forget about me