one.

A/N: I feel like I should give you guys a heads up

A/N: I feel like I should give you guys a heads up... this is not your typical Elijah-centric story. That being said, it's one of my favorites ever to write. I hope you like it 🥰

***

"Oh, no. Not again," I groaned, watching in disbelief as the sloppy drunk girl in the birthday crown made her selection at the new jukebox Marcel had just installed.

The gentle strum of Ed Sheeran's acoustic guitar playing in the background was once again cut off mid-lyric, so Ariana Grande's vocals could crash over the bar and all its unsuspecting patrons.

"That's the fourth bloody time tonight," Kol hissed.

"Its like watching a train wreck over and over again in slow motion." I shook my head as the Birthday Girl butchered the lyrics to "Thank U, Next," at the top of her lungs.

"Come on, guys. She's not that bad." My roommate and best friend, Caroline Forbes, stood in front of the mirrored wall of the bar fluffing her perfect blonde curls.

"Right," I smirked, knowing she was barely paying attention. "Who are you primping for over here, Forbes?"

"Just Tyler." She pursed her lips, sliding on her pink gloss with the precision of a surgeon. "His new work schedule is insane. It's been almost a week since we've had sex, and I'm unbearably cranky. I'm afraid I might snap if I don't get laid soon."

"Oh, no. A whole week? You poor thing." I pressed a hand to my heart dramatically, a mock frown curling my lips.

She laughed as she grabbed a nearby bar towel to smack me with. "Right. Says Serena Huntingdon, the girl who hasn't gone a week without sex since high school."

Shrugging, I moved to front of the bar to collect the leftover glasses. "There's a first time for everything. Mason and I broke things off last night, so who knows when I'll get some again."

"Already?" Kol's honey brown eyes grew wide at the news. "That was even faster than the last guy, Serena. Let me guess, you met someone better? We all know you never toss one in the bin without having another waiting in the wings..."

"Nope. Looks like it's just me and Beauregard for awhile," I said, flicking my gaze over to my knowing roomie. Caroline had to cover her mouth to keep from laughing.

"Who's Beauregard, darling?" Kol asked, his face contorting. "Is it that douchebag who was hitting on you in here last night?"

I shook my head. Caroline's amused blue stare met mine as I schooled my features into a neutral expression.

"Nope. It's the name I gave my big pink vibrator. Beauregard sounds so much classier than King Dong, don't you think?"

I scooped up the open liquor bottles from the bar as Kol's face turned seven shades of red.

"King D—" he sputtered. "Your..." With an embarrassed shake of his head, he dropped his gaze to the floor. "Oh."

"I'm gonna go finish getting ready," Caroline grinned, unable to hold back the laughter as she ducked into the restroom. As I watched her disappear through the door, I felt the heat of Kol's gaze burning into my skin.