fourteen

AN OLD FRIEND CALLS
______________

AN OLD FRIEND CALLS______________

______________

IT'S BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE KLAUS SIRELINE WAS SEVERED. I had killed Aya after Elijah proved that he couldn't do it.

Killing her didn't help with the rage I felt towards not just Tristan but all of the Strix.

I had just returned from killing two strix members— Takashi Fukuda and Arthur Bailey in a warehouse just outside the city.

I entered Klaus and I's bedroom and took out a handwritten list I had hidden inside my pillow cover. My hit list. I had already crossed off two names off the list— Aurora de Martel, Aya Al-Rashed.

The names of Takahashi Fukuda, Arthur Bailey, Cadence Flynn, Isaac Pack, and other Strix members were also written down.

The sound of footsteps made me turn away from the list. Elijah entered the room and I quickly crumpled up the list.

"Thought you were in the Bayou with Hayley?"

I put my finger to my lips and shushed him, "I just came home to feed the kids and put them down for a nap. I'm heading back out soon" I stood up and surreptitiously placed the list in my back pocket.

"What is this?" Elijah raised his hand to touch my forehead and wiped some blood off.

I jerked away from him, "I just got caught on a thorn"

"You've been spending a lot of time with Hayley and Crescents lately" Elijah commented.

"Well, they need me. Ever since Jackson—" I looked away before grabbing my coat, "Do you need something, Elijah?"

"I came to check on the children" He answered, "Niklaus is a little overwhelmed with everything"

"Well, maybe he's right in being paranoid. Seems like every time we pause to catch our breath, someone ends up dead" I put my jacket on and grabbed my phone, "The twins will be asleep for another hour. Do you mind?"

"Of course not"

"Thank you,"

I HAD RETURNED TO THE WAREHOUSE WITH THE NEXT VAMPIRE— CADANCE FLYNN. I had restrained her to a chair and bitten her. Annoyed by her constant panting and whimpering, I grabbed the ax, ready to swing it.

"Thalia!" I sighed and turned around to face Elijah who had just entered.

He looked at me, appalled, "What do you think you're doing?"

I glared at him before turning back to Cadance. I swung the ax and decapitated her, her blood splattering all over.

"This has to stop!" Elijah told me. He looked angry.

"Why are you defending these people, Elijah?!" I yelled, "Oh, that's right because they're the only ones that can protect you from the white oak. Well, guess what? I don't need their protection"

I took my hitlist out of my pocket and showed it to him, "This is a list of all the Strix who took down my brother. The ones responsible for his execution, which I was forced to watch!"

Elijah took the list from me, "The Strix will consider this is as an act of war, Thalia. Now, I beseech you to think of your children"

I looked at him, furiously, "Do not use them in an attempt to tame me, Elijah!" I told him off, "Now, I have taken risks for everyone except Jackson. It is about time that I do right by him. I'm sorry if that inconveniences you"

I stormed out of the warehouse, leaving Elijah.

WHEN I RETURNED MIKAELSON COMPOUND, I learned that Davina had resurrected Kol and that all of Klaus' enemies were on their way to New Orleans to try to kill him. In order to survive and keep everyone safe, Klaus had to leave town and the kids and I would leave with him.

I sat in front of the fireplace in my old room, staring into the flames. Elijah entered,  he handed me my list and I looked at him, confused before I unfolded it.

All of the names had been crossed off. I crumbled the paper and threw it into the fire. Elijah sat down and I sighed, "Thanks. That's one less thing that we don't have to worry about"

He nodded, "You're leaving with Niklaus? What about Hayley?"

"Elijah. I can't be here. If Klaus' enemies are coming there's a big chance they'll try to get to him through the kids" I didn't even hesitate, "And- and even if they weren't coming, I can't be here"

"So you'd leave?" Elijah asked, "Even if Niklaus wasn't in danger?"

I sighed and nodded, "I can't even be in the same room as you. I'm not blaming you for my brother's death, it was my fault but every time I look at you all I see is my brother's murderer. . . who was sired to you. I wanna move past this but I can't"

"Thalia—"

I got up, "Put the fire out before you leave"

I PACKED MY BAGS AND GOT THE TODDLERS READY. I had said my goodbyes to Freya, Hayley and even Cami.

While Klaus was saying his goodbyes, I unlocked the car. I sat the twins in their car seats and made sure that I had brought everything they needed.

"I trust you've said your goodbyes," Klaus said as he approached the car, "We may be gone for quite some time"

I nodded, "It's worth it to keep them from what's coming. Besides, there's nothing here for me anymore"

I smiled at Klaus before I wrapped my arms around him.

"Everything I need is right here"