eight

SAVIOR
______________

SAVIOR______________

______________

IT HAD BEEN THREE WEEKS SINCE AURORA KIDNAPPED CAMI AND I. I still hadn't heard anything for Jackson and I was worried. Cami and I were sitting in the Christmas decorated courtyard, watching as a compelled servant poured her blood into two wine glasses. She handed me one of them once she filled it to the brim.

"Do they, like, pay you?" Cami asked the girl. I chuckled.

Klaus approached us, "Handsomely and with a generous Christmas bonus" He answered as he was handed a glass of blood, "Isn't that right?" The servant nodded and left. Klaus smiled at us and sat down. 

"So, you just compel her to nod and agree with whatever you say?" Cami asked.

"I compel her to feed me and to hang the occasional Christmas ornament. She can say whatever the hell she wants" Klaus answered.

Cami laughed and I smiled, "You seem better"

She nodded, "Yeah. Thank you for letting me stay here the last couple of days and giving me space to not talk"

I nodded before facing Klaus who sat beside me, "How come you didn't go with Elijah to help Rebekah?"

Camille looked at him, "I hope it's not to stay and babysit me" She added.

"It's not a good idea for he and I to spend hours together in confined spaces, given that the prophecy foretells one family member felled by another" Klaus told us.

I looked at him, worried, "You don't think he would hurt you, do you?"

"I don't know what to think" Klaus sighed. He leaned forward and placed his glass on the coffee table in front of us, "The damn fortune-teller's predictions continue to unfold, despite all our efforts. . ."

I smiled reassuringly, taking his hand, "We'll figure this out"

Cami's phone buzzed, indicating that she got a message. She looked at it before looking back at us, "It's Vincent. I have to go" She got up and hurried out of the compound.

"I should go too" I sighed, letting go of Klaus' hand.

"Where?" Klaus questioned.

"I have to find Jack" I answered.

He nodded, "Are you going with Hayley?"

I sighed again, "I have to, don't I?" 

I WENT ACROSS THE STREET TO SEE HAYLEY. I had explained everything to her, she said that she just thought that Jackson was being moody again which he was but for another reason. We then left to go to the Bayou together. We sat on a picnic table outside my old shack in the Bayou, waiting for my brother.