6: The Truth Comes Out

"Oh, God--I'm gonna throw up again." 

Hermione grabs a garbage can from the exam room and rushes over to her friend. "Alice--your hair--your hair!" She quickly grabs the blonde tresses and wraps them into a bun.

"Where the hell is the doctor?!" Alice rants, beginning to get impatient and feeling worse and worse by the minute.

"He'll be in here in a second, kay? I know you feel like shit--but we're gonna figure it out," Hermione wraps her arm around Alice pulling her close to her.

"Thanks for bringing me in by the way--you're such a good friend."

Hermione smiles, "I love you Alice. I'd do anything for you--legal or otherwise." 

Alice laughs, "Right back at you babe."

The door swings open and Dr. Davidson walks into the room, "Ms. Cooper, how are you doing?"

"I feel miserable--I've thrown up twice since I've been in this room," Alice says bluntly.

Dr. Davidson gives her a sympathetic smile and pulls up a chair next to her. "Well, we got the results back from those tests and congratulations is in order."

Hermione and Alice look at each other, confused, and Alice turns back to the doctor. "Uh, what do you mean by that?"

"You're pregnant!"

The two women look back at each other and both of them burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry, but she's just not pregnant," Hermione laughs. 

"Yeah, no I'm not pregnant! Wow--okay, that was a good one. Now tell me what's really wrong with me," Alice says through laughter.

"I'm not quite sure why you think I'm kidding--we just tested your urine. You are pregnant."

Alice runs a hand through her blonde hair, "Trust me, Dr. Davidson the test is wrong. I unfortunately haven't had sex in a reeeeally long time."

"False negatives are frequent--false positives are rare."

Alice sighs angrily, "No, no, no, you don't understand--it's rare then, because I am not pregnant!"

"Maybe we should talk in private..."

Hermione tosses her hair behind her shoulder, "Where'd you get your degree from--the University of Dumbass? My best friend said she did not have sex, so do another damn test!" 

A half hour later, Dr. Davidson is holding a container of Alice's urine in one hand and a pregnancy test in the other. "Pink means pregnant," he says as he dips the stick in. As he takes it out, sure enough the strip turned pink.

"What the hell?! No--no, there's no way..." Alice is really starting to freak out at this point.

"Ma'am, you had to have had sex at some point in the last few months."

"I didn't! I swear to God I didn't--so this is impossible. I'm not pregnant!" She yells at him.

Hermione's jaw drops, "Did you, though? Did you have sex and not tell me?!" 

Alice turns to her, arms crossed over her chest, "No! Of course not!" She digs through her purse, trying to find her phone. She pulls it out and immediately starts dialing. 

"Yes--hello, this is Alice Cooper--I need to speak with Dr. Penny Jones immediately, because I have some crazy doctor saying that I'm pregnant!" 

______________________________

FP and Gladys sit across from Penny in her office, an uneasy look across her face. They received a call saying they needed to come into the clinic immediately. As much as FP didn't want to go with her, this could be about his future child and he wanted to be included in any information.