10: Sky Full of Stars

"Where the hell are we?" Alice asks, trying to make sense of her surroundings. FP chuckles and shuts off the car's engine and goes around to her side and opens the door, helping her out. 

She pivots around, staring out at the open field that surrounds them. "Wait--is this an old drive-in movie theater?" 

He grabs the food containers and goes around to the trunk, popping it open, "You got it. I used to come here as a kid all the time. Brought all my hot dates here," he says with a wink. Alice rolls her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I thought we could sit up on the stage and catch this amazing night sky," he pulls a couple blankets out of the back as he speaks, "It's a great view. It was always a challenge sneaking up there." 

"And what would young Forsythe do up there exactly?" Alice teases, taking the to-go boxes from him.

He laughs, reaching out for her arm, "Oh, stop. Nothing like that."

The two of them walk over to the screen, which is now in pretty rough condition after being left untouched for so many years. Alice starts climbing up and she feels FP's hands supporting her waist, making sure she doesn't fall. 

"Wow, it is pretty up here," she says, sitting down and FP wraps a blanket around her. "No where near as pretty as what I get to look at tonight," he comments, blushing slightly after he says it. 

Alice looks up at him with eyes full of anticipation. She could kiss him right now if she wanted to--and boy did she ever want to. 

Her cheeks flush at the comment, and she tugs the blanket around her shoulders more. FP makes him self comfortable across from her, passing her the snack she wanted, "Here's for the baby," he says with a chuckle. 

"Ahhh, thank you," Alice giggles, biting into one, the gooey cheese melting in her mouth. "This is perfect."

"It was my pleasure," he says, biting into a fry. "So, you said your girls took the news pretty well?"

She nods, reaching for another stick, "Yeah, they did surprisingly enough. I thought they'd freak more, but it's just so much to process at once, they probably will after they have time to think about it."

He dunks a fry in ketchup, popping it in his mouth, "I mean, it was a pretty crazy mix up after all."

Alice chews thoughtfully, "Yeah it sure was. Hermione wants me to sue the doctor who did it."

FP's eyes grow wide and he clears his throat, "Uh, that doctor was my little sister..."

She practically chokes, "Um--what?!" 

He shifts uncomfortably, "Yeah--she's my sister, Penny. I am so sorry--I fully understand if you still want to press charges, that was completely out of line, what she did--"

"Wow, yeah, uh--that changes things," Alice stammers, the new revelation still hitting her. "So she'd be aunt to this baby..."

FP runs his hand through his hair, "Yeah--yeah, she would be. Again, really, no pressure, I'm sorry. It was her fault for being so reckless."

Alice stares up at the twinkling stars, wondering how the hell she ended up in this place. Sitting on an old drive-in movie theatre stage, pregnant, eating mozzarella sticks, all while completely crushing on the guy sitting next to her. She feels like a damn kid again. Not that it was a bad thing, it was just--strange. Her relationship with Hal had always been very adult. His idea of fun was dressing her up like his personal Barbie doll and parading her around at stuffy business dinners. She couldn't remember a time when they did something she wanted to.