Chapter 7

With a small sigh, Itachi pushed the door open and walked into the large room. Sasuke stepped in behind him, closing the door.
“Itachi, Sasuke, how was your mission?” The voice of their father’s deep, gruff voice came from above them.
Itachi tilted his head up to see his father looking down from the banister of the loft of the study. He bowed slightly. “We have something to show you father.”
Sasuke followed after his brother, bowing as well but staying silent.
Fugaku raised an eyebrow as his sons stood up straight. “Is that so?”
“Yes, father.” Sasuke replied immediately.
Fugaku hummed as he made his way towards the stairs. He stood in front of his two sons and gave the covered metal cage in Itachi’s hand a raised eyebrow.
Itachi noticed his father’s gaze and he glanced down at where Naruto was being held. “You should probably sit, father. What I show you, may shock you.”
Fugaku sharply glared at his eldest son. “You don’t think I can hold my composure?”
Itachi shook his head, mentally rolling his eyes. It was always a pissing contest with his father. “No, I didn’t mean to imply disrespect. My apologies.”
He stood up straighter and his glare turned into a smirk, “Alright, show me what you have there.”
Itachi held up the cage and Sasuke quickly pulled the cloth that was covering off. They both stood quietly as their father examined what it was.
At first glance, Fugaku felt himself getting annoyed that his sons would bring him such a simple creature as a fox. He narrowed his eyes and upon further inspection, his eyes widened as he realized what it was. “A Nine-Tail?”
“Yes.” Itachi responded.
“How did you-?” He trailed off, bending down to look at the small creature within the cage.
“It was actually pretty easy. It came to us and was easy to capture. I believe it's not a matured demon and doesn’t even realize how powerful it is. It was raised without parents, after all.” Itachi commented.
“Good.” Fugaku commented. He stood back up and crossed his arms over his chest. “Kill it.”
“W-what?!” The two Uchiha brothers said in unison. “Why?” Sasuke whined further.
Fugaku scoffed. “If it’s not realized its potential, why let it live till it does? Don’t worry, you’ll get the recognition for finding and killing the heir of the Nine-Tail.”
Before either of them could reply, a knock interrupted them.
“Sir, a message for you.” A guard announced through the door.
“Come in.” Fugaku replied, turning his attention away from his sons.
Sasuke glared up at Itachi and gazed at Naruto who’s eyes were widened.
“A pair of demonologists have come regarding information on a specific demon. They need to inform you on the danger it could bring.”
“Very well, send them up.” Fugaku nodded at the guard.
The three of them watched the guard leave the room. It was silent as the large doors closed behind him, causing an echo to fill in the silence.
“We should keep it.” Sasuke suddenly blurted out.
“What?” Fugaku looked at his youngest son with mild concern while Itachi glared down at him.
“I-I think we should keep it.” Sasuke repeated, stuttering at the intense gaze of his father.
“Explain.”
“W-well, Itachi has the proper sharingan to control the Nine-Tail and with his help and guidance, I can develop my sharingan to his level as well. Then, we’d be able to control this Nine-Tail. And then we’d be feared by both demons and humans alike. We could easily dominate the world.”
The two older Uchiha stared at him, both their faces blank. Itachi was quicker to recover from his younger brother’s explanation. He narrowed his eyes. “Are you insane? That’s a ridi-”
“That’s a brilliant idea.” Fugaku praised. He gazed back at the demon in the cage. “And with no parents, there’s no chance of a retaliation for it’s capture.”
“The demonologists, sir!” Came the guard’s voice. The doors opened and two men, a tanned older man with a scar across his nose and brunette hair pulled up high on his head and a younger pale man with bright green eyes and fiery red hair that was pulled back into a ponytail, both dressed in white robes.
Itachi scanned the newcomers, at first trying to figure out why the older male was so familiar until his eyes stopped on the red head. He felt his heart beat start to speed up and his stomach started to flutter. He shook his head and cleared his throat.
The red head gave him a quick glance, his eyes locked onto the raven's before his gaze was back on Fugaku, a slight blush on his face.
“We're here to warn you of an escaped demon, my lord. He appears to be one of a Nine-Tails-” The brunette began.
“Yes!” Fugaku interrupted, taking the cage from out of Itachi's hands. “We have him right here!”
“Yes! That one! It's actually not-”
Fugaku held his hand up, silencing the man. “We have decided to take the demon. My sons will train to tame and control it where we will take over.” He handed the cage back to Itachi and looked at the two men in front of him. “You may be dismissed now.”
The brunette gave a panicked look to the red head as the guards started to walk towards them.
“Wait, m-my lord!” The red head spoke up.
Fugaku raised an eyebrow at the outburst. “Yes?”
“W-what if we could help your sons to take it?”
Fugaku narrowed his eyes, and squirmed an eyebrow up in thought. “Explain yourself.”
“Well, me and my colleague,” he gestured towards the brunette. “Are demonologists and can teach them spells that are common for demons to use and give them training in countering them.”
Itachi glanced at the red head in awe before looking back towards his father. “Actually, I think he has a point. And, they seem to know more about this demon than we do. Perhaps they could teach the demon some spells as well?” The last part he looked towards the two men who gave him a confident nod.
Fugaku gave a smirk. “Alright, you've convinced me!” He clapped his hands together. “Now, introduce yourselves to your newest students!”
The two bowed towards the Uchiha brothers.
“Iruka Umino.” The brunette said.
“Kyuubi Uzumaki.” The red head also responded.
“Uzumaki?” Sasuke mumbled to himself.
“What was that?” Itachi looked down at Sasuke.
“Nothing.” He shook his head. He gave a quick glance at his brother who had his gaze back on the two men. He then gave looked between Naruto and Kyuubi.
“Come now, let's get everyone settled in and then we shall celebrate this fine day!” Fugaku let out a hearty laugh before directing the guards to show their new guests where to stay.