Chapter Eight

=Chapter Eight=
Aslan's Camp

Everyone bowed down as the flap of the tent opened. A giant paw came out, then a mighty lion.

I couldn't contain myself as I ran up and hugged him tightly, I felt a paw on my back.

"Welcome back Alice, I missed you. Welcome Peter Adam's son, Welcome Susan and Lucy daughters-of-Eve. Welcome Beavers. You have my thanks, but where is the fourth?" Aslan asked as we separated from the hug.

"That's why we are here," Peter said, putting away his sword. I continued to stand by Aslan's side.

"We had a little trouble along the way," Susan said staring at the floor.

"He's been captured by the White Witch," I say to Aslan, the crowd burst into whispers.

"He betrayed them, Your Majesty," Mr Beaver said. Making the whispers turn to shouts of anger.

"Then he has betrayed us all!" Oreius shouts over the noise.

"Peace Oreius," Aslan says, making everyone shut up.

"It is my fault really. I was too hard on him," Peter said, sadness was clear in his eyes.

"We all were," Susan says, placing an arm on his shoulder.

"Sir, he's our brother," Lucy says.

"I know dear and that makes the betrayal all the worse. It may be harder than you think," Aslan says.

"Aslan, I was there, I could've stopped him," I confessed. "But then a wolf attacked me, and I told Edmund to go, so he went to that wretched Witch."

"It's okay dear," Aslan says. "We all make mistakes. Now come child, I need to speak with you."

And so Aslan and I went into his tent to chat.

***

Peter was on a hill, looking at the castle that sat by the Eastern Ocean.

"That is Cair Paravel of the five thrones, one of which you must sit as High King," Aslan says, coming up next to him.

"......" Peter didn't feel brave enough to become king.

"You doubt the prophecy," Aslan looks up at him.

"No, that's just it...you're not who I think I am," Peter says.

"Peter Pevensie formerly of Finchley. Beaver also said you wanted to turn him into a hat." Aslan and Peter chuckle slightly.

"Peter there is a Deep Magic that rules over Narnia. It defines right from wrong and helps us fulfill destinies, both yours and mine."

"I don't think I will be able to."

"You were able to get your family here," Aslan states.

"Not all of them," Peter sighs.

"I will do what I can for Edmund as I too want my family safe," Aslan says. "I've seen that you've grown fond of Alice, my daughter."