Chapter 8 "Finally Inside"

"You know, it's hard to sneak up on someone when you're wearing a loud jetpack."-Connor Freeman

"I didn't think you would be up to this mission, Lil," I said. I had met Lil west of the base to pick up Bane and Korrsk.

"Remember, Boba, I'm always up to any challenge you're up to," she replied.

"Sssss, will you two sssssshut up? We sssssshould be worrying about how to get into the base!" Hissed Korrsk.

"I'll shut up whenever Lil here tells me where's she been for the past six years," I said. I turned toward Lil, expecting answers.

"Look, Boba. I left Kamino because Jango never took me on his missions. He always took you with him. He didn't think about me coming along. He left me to clean blasters with the Clones!" She exclaimed.

"I never got a chance to see the outside world. So I stole a ship from the hangar and took off. I went to Concord Dawn. But I didn't get any bounty offers, seeing that I was an eleven year old girl."

"And I assume you know that Jango was murdered?" I asked, a bit of resentment creeping into my words.

She looked down with a sad look on her face. "I heard."

"If you two are done, I think it's time we get inside the base. We need a plan that doesn't involve a failed escape pod," said Bane.

"Bane's right. Lil, you got any ideas?"

"Already got one. I attacked a ship that was coming into the base. I intercepted it and found out whoever it belonged to was a friend of Dirk's. I got the clearance codes and all to get into the base."

"Where's Dirk's friend now?" I asked.

"Oh, you know, just floating in the empty vacuum of space," she replied.

--------------//\\-----------

"Approaching ship, transmit clearance codes or be fired upon," crackled a voice through the Slave I's comm as we approached the base. "Repeat, transmit codes NOW!"

I punched in the codes.

"You're clear to land in the hangar, Slave I."

We all breathed a sigh of relief.

"Lil, you read?" I said through the comm.

"I read you Boba," she replied. Her ship, The Punisher, was right behind mine.

"Follow me to the hangar and get ready for a fight."

-*-

Sorry this chapter was short, guys. Please go check out my new book I'm writing, Star Wars: Apprentice to the Force.