Chapter Twenty Three.

"Really, Heaven Ulysses? What happened?" Echo asks.

"What what happened?"

"Oh, don't play safe with me." Echo rolled her eyes at her.

"I.. I don't know, Echo." She said.

"You two were okay. You guys were doing good."

"Thought so too." She shrugged her shoulders. Then she looked away.

"Oh, come on. Three months ago you two were like going out. You both didn't deny that there was something going on between you two."

"We just didn't deny anything, but were not even confirming anything."

"Ugh, Uly."

"Alam mo namang walang label saming dalawa."

"Kailangan pa ba yon? I mean, you two look so good together. Everyone thought na ikaw na talaga."

"Well, sorry to disappoint you guys. I'm not." She answered.

"Really, Uly. What happened?"

"Stella happened. Wynona happened. Too many had happened."

"But you're his woman."

"Was I?"

Ngumuso sa kanya si Echo. "I feel guilty, Uly."

"Bakit?"

"Like I was the one who assume. Tapos, ugh. Parang I told everyone na you two were going out."

"Sabi ko nga kanina, we weren't denying anything. Its my fault. Not yours. Everyone thought that there was something." She sighed. "Hayaan mo na." She tapped Echo's back.

"Pero bespren! Sorry!" Echo said, teary-eyed.

"Okay lang. Hayaan mo na." She said.

Truth is, it wasn't okay. Her heart feels heavy.

Suminghot na si Echo. Oh no. "Okay lang talaga, bespren." She said.

"Sorry pa rin!" Echo said. Maya maya lang, ay umiiyak na ito.

Confirmed. Buntis nga ang isang 'to.

She hugged her best friend. Mahirap pigilin ang emosyon neto. Lalo pa nga't buntis na nga ito. She reached her phone and dialled Zen's number.

"Hey, Zen." She said. Alam niyang nasa bar ito ni Yvo ngayon. And Echo knows it. Ito pa nga ang naghatid kay Echo papunta sa bahay niya.

"Uly?"

"Yep. Sorry to bother you. But Echo's a little bit emotional tonight."

"Is she crying? I knew she would cry. Damn."

"Well, uhm. Medyo sumisinghot pa si Echo."

"Sorry, Uly. She badly wanted to see you. Alam kong galing ka pang gig."

"Okay lang. You know her." She chuckles. "Are you gonna fetch her?"

"Punta na lang tayo sa iCavern." Singit ni Echo. Napalingon siya rito. Kinuha nito ang phone niya. "Hi, pumpkin. We're going there. No buts. Bye, see you. Love you."

Napanganga siya. "What the--"

"Come on, Uly. Get up. Chop chop." Hinila siya nito patayo.

"Go take a shower and change. I'll wait." Tinulak siya nito papasok ng banyo niya.

She wore a 3/4 sleeve button up shirt and a black skinny jeans. But she chose to wear a triple white shoes.

"Sinong ililibing?" Echo asked. While she was almost wearing an all black, Echo was wearing a peachy pink dress.

She rolled her eyes at her.

"Let's go." Saad lang niya.

*

Tell me something, I need to know
Then take my breath and never let it go
If you just let me invade your space
I'll take the pleasure, take it with the pain

And if in the moment I bite my lip
Baby, in that moment, you'll know this
Is something bigger than us and beyond bliss
Give me a reason to believe it

Hila hila siya ni Echo papunta sa bar counter. Nagpatangay naman siya.

"Hi!" Bati nito sa isang bartender. Napatingin siya rito. Muka 'tong koreano. Medyo singkit ang mata at matangos ang ilong.

"Echo."

"Ah, si Uly nga pala. Best friend ko." Saad ni Echo. Ngumiti sa kanya ang bartender. "Uly, meet Kai."

"Nice to meet you." Kai said. Tinanguan naman niya ito. Hinampas siya ni Echo. At pinanlakihan ng mata.

"Ano?"

"Kai looks cute kaya." Bulong ni Echo sa kanya.

"Oh? E anong gagawin ko?" She asked.

"Haay naku. Magmo-move on!" Saad ni Echo.

"The fuck?" She said. Wide-eyed.

"Hugasan natin ng alcohol yang bibig mo, Heaven Ulysses." Hinila siya ni Echo papuntang VIP Room. When they usually hang out, dito lagi ang punta nila. Minsan, nasa counter sila. Since kilala naman sila ng may ari ng bar, ang tito ni Sean--Yvo Altamirano.

Walang habas na binuksan ni Echo ang pintuan ng VIP Room. Napalingon sa kanila si Seb at Zen. Tumayo naman agad si Zen palapit sa kanila.

"Bawal ka magpuyat, di ba?" Saad ni Zen kay Echo.

"E kasi gusto kitang makita." Sagot ni Echo. She rolled her eyes. Napatingin siya kay Seb, kumaway siya rito. Seb smiled at her. Buong akala niya, si Zen at Seb lang ang nandon. Hindi nga pala pwedeng hindi kumpleto ang Power Puff Girls. On the other side of the room, two people are busy flirting. Kulang nalang mag-make out.

He looked at her. She could still distinguish his yellowish to brown to greenish orbs. Those which she always loves to see. Kumunot ang noo nito. Napataas naman ang kilay niya.

Just what the fuck?

"Hoy, magmumog ka ng alcohol." She was slipped away with her curse when Echo spoke to her.

"What? Why?" Zen asked.

"She already said the F word, twice." Sagot nito.

"What F word?" Seb asked.

"Oh, the one which you guys like the most." She answered.

"I do it with her, every damn time." Sagot ni Zen at tinuro si Echo.

"Oh my gosh." Echo said at pinaypayan ang sarili.

She rolled her eyes. "Tangina." She uttered. Inabutan siya ni Seb ng Tequila at isang slice ng lemon. She cringed. She let herself adjust to the alcohol. Nakakalimang shot na siya pero medyo nahihilo na siya. Naalala niyang kulang pa nga pala siya sa tulog ng mga nagdaang araw. Hindi na niya namalayan kung kailan umalis ang kalandian ni Sean sa VIP Room.

"Woah, slow down Uly." Saad sa kanya ni Seb.

"I'm fine." She answered saka kumuha ng lemon. "Restroom lang ako."

Mabuway siyang tumayo buti na lang at napakapit siya.. kay Sean? He was intently looking at her. It was cold. Nabibwisit siya. Contradicting to the way of his touch. Nakahawak kasi ito sa bewang niya. She cleared her throat saka lumabas ng VIP Room. Damn this Villacencio effect. Parang tinatablan na rin ata siya?