Dutch x Arthur (2)

"Oh certainly, Miss Knoll, certainly," Dutch smiled and tightened his arm wrapped around Celina affectionately, pressing a kiss to the side of her head.

A few days had passed since what had happened between himself and Arthur, well, happened. Neither one of the men dared to being it up after Arthur had left Dutch's tent that night. Both of them were doing the best they could to keep their eyes off one another, to keep what had happened out of their mind and away from their thoughts.

Despite that fact, the air between the two of them remained tense. It had arisen suspicion in Sadie that the men may have gotten into another fight about what each of them felt was best for the gang. Celina, on the other hand chopped it up to the fact that she had told Arthur about Dutch's attraction. Neither one of the women came close to guessing as to what it was that had really happened between their significant others.

If they had paid attention though, they would have been able to tell. They would have been able to pick up on the lingering looks between thr two of them. Celina would have been able to pick up on how Dutch tensed every time Arthur came close to him and Sadie would have picked up on how Arthur grew quiet whenever the leader was there.

Celina smiled up at Dutch, "I love you."

Dutch chuckled and stroked his fingers through her hair, smiling kindly at her, "And I, you."

No one seemed to notice the way Dutch struggled to keep from looking at Arthur or the fact that Arthur looked like a deer in headlights. The younger of the two outlaws only snapped back to normal behavior at the feeling of Sadie's hand on his leg. He smiled over at her and squeezed her leg lightly back, "In case you're wondering, yes," he chuckled good naturedly, "I love you."

Sadie smiled, seeming pleased with herself, "You better, cowboy."

Celina and Dutch laughed a bit at Arthur being put on the spot as he was. Dutch was the one who spoke though, making eye contact with Arthur, a spark of humor remaining in his dark eyes, "I've actually got quite the story about Arthur when it comes to those words."

Arthur swallowed, "D- Dutch, now common. You don't have to go on telling all the stories."

Dutch laughed, "Relax son, this is a good one." Dutch leaned back a bit with a slight groan and a smile plastered across his face, "So, when Arthur was... seventeen maybe... He had only been with Hosea and I for about a year. We noticed that he would sneak away at night."

Arthur rolled his eyes despite Sadie intently listening next to him. Dutch kept his eyes on him, the smile still not leaving his face even when Arthur made it more than clear that he would really rather the story go untold. Everyone knew that those type of stories were the best. Dutch continued, "One night, Hosea and I followed him and would you know, there was this girl he had been sneaking off to see. Oh, she was a bit younger than him, a few years maybe. Those two were smittin' if I never seen it before." He shook his head, still smiling fondly at the memory, "Like it was adorable and funny, watching him attempt to do everything he possibly could to make this girl happy. They made a cute couple too, the two of them." Dutch cleared his throat, "But of course not as great as the two of you," he jestured to Arthur and Sadie.

Arthur laughed a bit, shaking his head, "Good Lord, Dutch."

Hosea approached the two four of them with a smirk upon his own face, "Are you all reminiscing without me?"

"No," Dutch looked up at the older, "Never." Under Hosea's knowing gaze, Dutch sighed, still with that mischievous smile on his face. He had been like that lately, full of energy and Celina couldn't quite place it, "Ok," he admitted, "Maybe a little."