chapter 10

As Gaston starts to read the letter he begins to panic.
        Letter to Miss Katherine

Dear miss Katherine,I should have asked,how you were doing but let's get straight to the reason why I am absent,simple,I have something important to do and I can't come,so deal with it,and if you still have a problem with my absence,shove the letter down Mr Gaston's throat.

                       Yours sincerely,
                                 Mr Clinton J.

I could feel my blood boil inside, I felt like shredding his flesh into pieces.
How rude and stupid can this boy be,I turned to look at Gaston who didn't have the courage to make eye contacts with me .I snatched the letter from his palms as he quivered with fear,I read through it with my lenses on, I couldn't stop reading it,I read it over and over until I couldn't take it anymore.

"GASTON". I yelled at the top of my voice."WHAT IS THIS??". I asked as I stretched the letter towards him.

"Well.......err.......em.....a l---l---letter Madam".He replied.

"How Dare he .This boy doesn't know me, I'll shred his flesh apart".I threatened.

"No madam".

"No Gaston,you mean I shouldn't shred his flesh apart". I asked.

"Well,just have pity on the champ,for Mr Riddick sake".

"Oh here we go again Gaston, Mr Riddick is dead,and can't continue bearing this insolence because of Mr Riddick".

"I understand madam". He explained.

"Well then leave I have to think".

"Think?? Madam". He asked.

"Yes Gaston I want to think,now leave".And in seconds,Gaston was gone.

I placed my palms on my head and rubbed it,normally this was not I think but I couldn't stop thinking of the stupid letter,I carefully stood up and faced the transparent window as I spoke to space.

"Oh Mr Riddick, your son is messing with me,he doesn't know me Mr, and he's naive to the business in the streets,he might be a well known business guru in newyork but here, its different,its quite different,he's standing in a thin thread that would break soon and I would have no choice but to dismiss him,you won't be offended by that right".I continued to speak into air as If I was speaking to Mr Riddick.
"Arrgh,am going crazy talking to nothing but air".I hurried to my chair and signed more files.

After three or four hours,it was time to leave the office and go home to sort out more files.

***************************************************************

"Miss Katherine".Mrs Gracie called.

"Hmmm". I answered.

"Well you have another visitor".

"Arrgh,who is it".

"Its Gaston". She yelled.

"But I just left work a minute ago or so,what does he want that can't wait till tomorrow".

"Tell him I'll be there in a giffy". I ordered.

"Yes Madam". She left to report my message.

I walked slowly to the sitting room where Gaston was sitting quietly, Gaston was more of an elderly man in his 40's but that didn't stop him from being loyal to 23 year old me .YES I am 23,YES!!am pretty young to be this rich and NO my success wasn't based on inheritance,it was made by me from scratch and with God's help as well .I didn't have a father or a mother when I started this work,it just happened, form one business ideas to the other and that was it,that was how miss Katherine came into lime light .Anyway.

"So Gaston, what brings you here". I asked as he looked tense.

"Well em madam can I sit". He asked.

"You are already sitting Gaston, don't be silly". I teased and his tensed body calmed down,it was like he had been waiting for my permission to sit even when he had already been sitting down on my couch.

"So would you speak now". I asked the mute Gaston.

"Of course Madam, we got another contract, and well your associates wants to throw a big party".

"What,a party??".I asked puzzled.

"Yes Madam".

"And why is that??". I asked again.

"Well we've gotten new associates from our new contracts, so there were thinking of meeting each other". He said shyly.

"Meeting each other uhn!!!".

"Yes madam, but if you object,we would cancel right away----

"Nonsense,Gaston we'll do it,plus we would meet our new associates,nice thinking,Gaston,real nice thinking". I said to Gaston as he smiled broadly at me,with a feeling of satisfaction he stood up to leave.

"Leaving so soon". I teased as he turned and I waved him goodbye,he smiled again and left."Greet your lovely wife and kids".I joked as he left.

After he left,I went straight for bed,I was feeling quite dizzy and sleepy,but I had files to attend to,not minding my body signals, I went straight to the study room,to get the files prepared and attended to.