Chapter 25

"You need to eat something". Clinton yelled at me,as I sat down straight on the bed.

"No I don't".I barked at him.

"Yes you do,aren't you hungry". He asked.

"Isn't today Monday,I need to be at work, I don't have time for this,am leaving". I tried to get up but Clinton stopped me.

"Katherine do you know what I have been through this past few weeks,I was worried about you,in fact too worried,and now you want to go to work". He said .

"Where is Gaston,I need to get out of here, bring my coffee Annabelle". I yelled at Annabelle as she stormed of to go get my coffee.

"Madam you should rest". Mrs gracie said.

"Yes dear, rest". Mrs Paula said.

"If there is anyplace I can rest its in my office,not in here bottled up like a baby,time is money,and I have spent two weeks being useless, I need to make up for that". I explained, although no one understood me.

"You weren't useless for two weeks,you were in a coma,plus the doctor says you should rest". Clinton said frustratedly.

"Well the doctor doesn't put food on my table". I barked at him.

"Don't be hard on him child,he's been worried".

"Am not a child,all of you leave now". I screamed at them.

"I mean right now". I screamed again,as Mrs Gracie ran out,Clinton stared for some time then he walked away,Annabelle didn't waste time at all to run of,but Mrs Paula stayed.

"I don't like repeating my self Paula". I said as I looked at her,but she just smiled and hugged me so tight.

"I know why you did it". Mrs Paula whispered to my ears."Before Riddick died he told me everything,you are not alone Katherine,am here for you". She said as she stood up to leave,she gave me one last smile before she exited my room.

I glanced at my wrists,it was bandaged,I did it again,I had promised Karina,years ago that I wouldn't slit my wrists,but I broke my promise two weeks ago,it was always too overwhelming to bear,and now Mrs Paula knows.

***************************
***************
Getting to the sitting room,I tried to handle some files that Mr Gaston had brought for me as on my command .So here I was trying to fight away the itch on my wrist and trying to attend to the work at hand but as usual it was boring and unexciting,but it was fulfilling.

"Gaston are these all the files". I spoke through my phone to the voice on the line.

"Yes madam,that is all for now,how are you doing Madam".

"As good as one who has survived coma".

"That's good to hear Madam".

"Yes,I hope you all are surviving without me".

"Yes madam we are trying our best,but we do miss you a lot".

"Am sure you do Gaston".
I hanged up,refusing to further the conversation,since I had a lot to do.

The day continued blissfully,while I missed the presence of some one,it was an odd feeling but it was there,I was lonely,I had to do something,and as if they could read my mind,Paula called.