Chapter 35

The next morning was tiring, my eyes were puffy and my hair was in disarray,never I have ever been so exhausted.

Ring, ring,ring,ring.

"Yes Gaston".

"Good morning Madam, how was your night".

"Gaston,don't waste my time".

"Sorry madam,well your son would like to speak to you".he said hesitantly on the line.

Oh no no no.

What would I tell him.

"Is he there". I asked.

"No".

"But I wanted to inform you Madam,I will visit the hospital later today".

"Then give me a call when you do".

"Yes,Madam,my wife is here with me,she sends her regards,she hasn't stop talking about you since she saw you in that....".

"Bye Gaston". I hang up,my heart was beating fast,my son wanted to talk to me,he doesn't hate me,he wants to talk to me.

And with that a smile crept to my face and settled there.

I wish I could see him,I wish I could officially call him my son,I just wish.....

"Madam your coffee". Mrs Gracie cut in,while I nod and receive her coffee.

"Madam may I ask what happened, yesterday". She said as she eyed me.

"You may not". I spoke.

She nod and left.

*****************************
*****************
Work was somewhat fulfilling with more files to sort out,and more meeting to hold,the day just kept going with mild speed and soon it was all over.

I walk slowly to my car,I was thinking of visiting a friend today,who I am kidding,I was thinking of visiting a certain associate of my,that thankfully does not go with the name Clinton, but Lyra,we needed to discuss meeting Mr Darlington,although I had refused,something told me it was unavoidable.

I step inside the car,I heared a honk.

Please let it not be Clinton.

Please, please.

"Oh its you". I said as a pair of green eyes softened as soon as they met my black ones.

"Yes Miss, your very good friend". Howard said as he mocked bowed and I chuckled.
"Something tells me you are heading out".

"That something is quite right,I am".

"That's quite sad,I came to check up on you". He said genuinely hurt.

"Well maybe I could skip for a friend". I asked him,as he lit up in excitement.

"Am honoured". He said smiling.

"Can I take you out". He asked.

"Of course".I alerted my driver to drop for the day as I followed Howard to his BMW.

"So where to". I asked him as he drove.

"Anywhere that suits the queen". He said referring to me.

We later made a choice to visit a resort since I was kind of getting fed up with restaurants.

".................and I got pretty spanked for it". He completed his hilarious childhood story.

"That's comedic gold,you were mischievous weren't you". I laughed,at least I tried to laugh,since his story was so funny.

"She laughs". He said looking at me." I didn't think I would be able to make you do that".

"Well you definitely made me forget my worries". I told him.

"Am honoured". He said."So tell me about your childhood".and I froze, he must have noticed it as he cleared his throat and nodded.

"You don't have too". He said as we settled down on a bench,while I looked away.

"I fell bad that I have spoiled you mood,am sorry". He said looking at me.

"No it's okay,its just my childhood brings bad memories". I said looking down.

"That's okay, everyone has does". He said smiling.

I noticed his handsome features as he leaned in,his blond hair well tousled and brush back,his sharp jaw line,his green eyes,his pink lips,his lean built, any woman would kill for this man,but unfortunately my mind was occupied by a certain Greek god with the name Clinton.

"Em Madam,Sir".our head snapped to man with an apron."Is there something you would like to drink".

"Mango would be good, you". Howard asked me.

"Apricot,would be good thank you". I smiled at the waiter as he blushed and left.

The waiter came back with our drinks and served us,it was white chilled.

"Katherine". Howard called.

"Yes".

"Are you in a relationship".I almost chocked on my juice.

Was I?

Were me and Clinton a thing?

"You don't waste time do you". I asked him as I smirked.

"No,if I see something I want I get it,and you've been in my mind for weeks". He said seriously.
"Well". He asked expectantly.

"Well there is some one but I don't know,its complicated ".I said to him,he looked a little taken aback, then he leaned in.

"Does he treat you well".

Another strange question and I didn't know what to say.

"I guess so".I said uncertainly, which was unlike me,because I was always certain about everything.

"Lucky man". He said and smiled at me." Well just know that am here".he said as I narrowed my eyes at me.

"There are many fishes under water Howard". I said.

"True,but few gold fishes,and you my dear are a gold fish".he says as I laugh at his complement.

"We should go Howard". I said as I viewed the environment.

"To meet my parents certainly".

" Howard ".I joked.

"Alright alright let's go ".he said as we stood up ready to leave.

*************************
***************
"Thank you for the ride home".I said as I exited his car.

"Its the least I could do since I dragged you out with me,would we do this again". He asked.

"Certainly". I smiled as he kissed my cheeks and whispered.

"Think about what we discussed". He said as he winked at me,entered his car and left.

I waved him as he drove out and turned around,only to be met by a angry and confused looking Clinton.