Chapter 14

Throughout the afternoon I couldn't stop thinking about Mr Clinton and how much I had upset him again,it was becoming a contest for me to always upset him when ever I saw him,but today he looked pitiful,when he said he was sorry it sounded genuine and and sweet.

No Katherine there are all liars,they never mean what they say.

Yes I had to be right,he was just lying and trying to play with my emotions, but I would never forgive him,not after our first encounter, he was late that day for Christ's sake,late!!!, and I don't tolerate it,so he would continue to pay for his stupidity,yes,he would just have to continue apologising and I would choose on my own time to forgive,that is,if I'll ever forgive.

The next day came rather too quickly,and as usual I woke up by 3:30am after dreaming a lot about my sister,in fact dreaming of those memories had become a normal routine at night, and I hardly had enough sleep .As I came out of the elevator and walked towards my office,I widened my eyes as I saw Mr Gaston at my office and he was s...smiling at me for some reason that seemed quite awkward.

"Mr Gaston may I ask why in heaven's name,are you sited in my office".and as soon as he sensed my tone of speech,he got up quickly and adjusted his belt, typical Mr Gaston.

"Errr......well Madam,am very excited today". He commented.

"And how is that any my business, if you're so happy then you should be in your office doing more work,not sitting down here idle". I paused." Don't you know that time is money Gaston ".Then he nodded at me.

"Well then VAMOOSE".I barked at him again and he jumped up from his chair.

"Madam,its about the associates party". He said as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What about it?".I asked.

"You haven't given us any feedbacks Madam".

"Oh well,you can decide on a date,I really don't care about parties".

"OK then Madam we would host the celebration on Friday".He said still beaming at me.

"On Friday it is,and-,".

"Did I just hear someone say party". A male voice spoke from behind Gaston, I knew who he was,obviously?.
Mr Gaston slowly turned towards the manly figure behind him and replied.

"Yes Mr Clinton, its a celebration for our new associates".He said and I see Mr Clinton's lips twitch into a smile.

"Really, I didn't think this company does things like party,considering your up tight Boss".He said as he glanced at me.

"Well you are not invited". I said as he looks flushed,I could picture the moment,the feeling of anger in his eyes,I always knew how to push his buttons.

"W--what do you mean am not invited??am part of the comp-,.

"You might be part of the company,but you would always be useless to me and the company". And that was it,I blew him off,his eyes became red,and Mr Gaston could do nothing but excuse himself from our presence.

"Miss Katherine,I have tried to be nice, appealing and hardworking, but I don't get your attitude towards me".

"What can I say,I hate lazy youths". I commented.

"I am not lazy,and am tired of you yelling at me for every slight mistake,am not your employee Katherine,am your partner".

"And what makes you think so". I asked him as he looked at me confusingly.

"I don't understand-,.

"You don't understand,let me help you understand,you can never ever be my partner".

"And why's that". He asked,still confused.

"Because you would never be your father".

Oh my Katherine,why did you say that?gosh I didn't mean it,where did that come from.

I looked at Clinton to get his reaction,he was blank he stared at me for minutes ,then he looked away and left me,I wanted to call him back and apologise,but no,I can't do that,am Katherine, Katherine never apologises.

Oh no Katherine ,you hurt his feelings.

I sat on my chair feeling defeated and wasted,my head hurt a lot ,but I couldn't stop thinking of Mr Clinton, all he did was be nice,so why was I so rude,why did I remind him of his father in such a harsh way,anyways tomorrow is another day,I hope he calms down.