Chapter 15: Down For Life

GIOVANNI ORTEGA

*********August 18, 2018************

I got off the plane behind Asani and was surprised to see Gregorio waiting of us. He looked stone in the face but pulled me into a hug. I relaxed in his arm and sighed knowing this was his way of accepting everything.

We broke away and headed to the car to go to his house for dinner. When we got there I got excited to see Sanchez car parked. He's basically been Gregorio and his families personal bodyguard so I haven't seen him in a minute.

"Chez!" I walked inside "Where you at big guy?!"

I turned the corner and froze seeing Kavia standing there with tears in her eyes. My eyes weld immediately and my breathing got hard.

"Yo Chez, who the hell you brought in my house" Gregorio asked

"Baby girl" Asani stepped in front of me "What's wrong"

"Giovanni" she spoke and my heart broke

They all looked at her. I cried harder as her she did as well. As they looked between us, I broke and ran to hug her.

"I thought you were gone" she cried harder in ear "Why? Why would you do that to me?"

"I'm so sorry Kay! I just wanted to protect you! You don't understand!"

"Make me!"

I kissed her forehead before pulling away from her and we just stared at each other.

"Can someone explain who this is?"

I turned around to and looked at Gregorio and Asani's confused faces alone with Sky who had come in. I sighed and looked down then at Kay.

"Everybody... this is my best friend Kavia. Kay this is my brother Gregorio, his wife Sky, and Ghost"

"Her future husband" Asani smirked

"Aye bruh" Gregorio pushed him before walking up to us "Nice to meet you Kavia. We heard so much about you"

"You did?" she looked at me shocked

"Come on Kay" I sighed "We gotta talk"

"Aye!" Asani pulled me close "I'm about to head to the office... come down. I want to talk to you"

"Bet"

"See you later baby girl"

He kissed my forehead before leaving. I shook my head before heading out back on with Kay. We sat down and she gave me a look instantly.

I laughed "What's that look for?"

"What's up with you and this Ghost man?"

"He's just... he's my peace when I need it"

"Bitch—"

"It's not like that Kay, I promise"

There was a pause of silence before she spoke again.

"So why? Why you do all this?"

"Kay... my days on this earth are numbered. The letters were real... I just sent them early"

"Why would you want to take your life" she cried "I know you're hurting, and it's a hurt I don't fully know. But I've lost family. I don't want to lose you Gio"

"Kay if I could stay I would... but I can't. I've already started the end and I can't take it back now"

"What does that even mean?"

"Kay I don't want you in this! You a fucking lawyer sis!"

"No I'm not" she shook her head "They fired me when I started pushing the DAs office to charge them hoes with the same charges as you!"

"Are you fucking serious?"

"That hoe from the DA made sure I got fired and I can't get a job back home"

"Kavia I'm so sorry" I hugged her

"I'm fine" she shrugged "They ignored everything I sent them... she's their oldest sister"

"Huh? Who?"

"Saniya and Sariya" she spoke with hatred "Sophia is their older half sister. Hoes share the same mom"

"Yo is you shitting me?"

"That's what I said"

"I'm not even surprised" I shook my head "I knew once shit started coming out and no charges came out once I was innocent... it will all come out"

"So tell me? If you're in trouble I still have my degree and my ability to practice law! I can get you out of trouble!"

"I don't need help getting out of trouble. Honestly, I'm surrounded by trouble in a way"

She laughed "You mean your brother that's a whole king pin"

"Well actually, I'm the king pin now"

"Oh shit!" she laughed "You really went left"

"It just happen... but I have to finish what I started... and I don't want you to know because I don't want you involved. Just know... I love you!" I hugged her "When I'm gone I want you here. I want you a part of this family. I want you to stay here"

"I don't know---"

"No! I don't want to talk about it" I shook my head "Gregorio and Ghost... shit Sanchez! They all have been at me about this but I've made up my mind. Once I'm done... I'm done"

"TGio" she started crying

I grabbed her hand "You will have Gregorio and Sky and everybody. They are an amazing family... and they'll be yours the same way they are mine. Please Kay! This is the only solution I can come up with"

"How will I know when you---"

"You won't" I smiled "But we gone live every day like it's the last remember"

She nodded before getting up to fix her face. I couldn't believe she was here. Then it hit me. I got up and headed downstairs. I marched right between Sanchez and Gregorio.

"How could you Chez" I pushed him "I told you not to tell her! You bring her here?"

"She wanted to meet with Gregorio and you were gone" she sighed "I didn't think---"

"No you didn't!"

"Chill Gio! Kay didn't deserve that anyway! She was miserable!"

I shook my head and let out a deep breath before hugging him.

"Thank you"

"I got you Gio... never forget that"

I let him go before hugging Gregorio. We hadn't really talked much since my plan came to become known. He held me tight and I knew he was saying sorry. I returned it before letting go. Kay came down and I decided to take her to work with me. She was here so why not add another boss bitch to the team.