chapter 17

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Hey baby?" Camila called form the bedroom.

"Yes, my love?" I responded with a horrible attempt at a British accent, as I made my way down the hall to the room. I leaned on the door frame, looking at my girlfriend who was laying on her stomach, eye brows furrowed, as she looked at her phone.

"What should my new single be? Like from my album? I need to put out another one. I'm thinking either Consequences or She Loves Control. In The Dark maybe? Ughh I don't know. What do you think?" She rambled, finally meeting my eyes. I stayed silent, realizing I've never actually listened to her album. I pursued my lips, looking anywhere but at the Cuban. "Oh my God. Y/N..."

"What?" I asked in a higher tone than usual.

She squinted her eyes at me. "You have listened to my music, have you?" I went to open my mouth and reply but she interrupted. "Besides your song and what you heard at the benefit."

"Well...not really no." This time I continued, cutting Camila off. "But that's because I couldn't bring myself to. It was too hard." I mumbled, sitting on the bed.

"Y/N, we've been back together for months now and you still haven't?" Now she just sounded sad. My heart clenched as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Babygirl, I'm sorry." I grabbed her hands, looking at her eyes. "I will. Right now." I made a move to grab my phone, Camila stood and left the room, sniffling. "Shit." I muttered. I walked out of the room, following her into the living room, where she sat on the sofa. "Cami, please. I'm sorry. I honestly didn't even think about how you have an album out and shit."

"Wow," she scoffed, looking down. She began to play with her fingers. "I...I actually cannot believe you just 'didn't think about' my album. It means so much to me. And the fact that the person who means the most to me can't be bothered to listen to it really fucking hurts." Tears began to fall down her cheeks.

I knelt in front of her, placing my hand on her knees. "Cami...listen, I just..." I took a deep breath. "When we weren't together, it was hard for me to hear your music. I didn't know if it was about me or about someone new. Both would hurt so much. Then when we got back together, I didn't want to hear how hurt you were. After the benefit and hearing that song, I couldn't do it. I'm sorry. I know that makes me a shitty girlfriend."

Camila sniffled, looking up at me. I felt her hand cup my cheek and I leaned into it. "You aren't a shitty girlfriend. I didn't really think about it that way. I'm sorry, mi amor." She smiled lightly.

"Don't apologize." I leaned in kissing her softly. "If it makes you feel better I've heard Havana many, many times." I teased, causing her to giggle.

"Yeah, that song is everywhere. But....now you're gonna sit with me and listen to my songs while I hold you. That way when you think of how broken I was, you'll feel my arms around you and know that you put me back together. Okay?" I smiled, kissing her passionately. When we broke apart, I climbed in between her legs, her arms wrapping around me. She grabbed her phone, handing each of us an earbud, and began to play them all.

—————

"Camila, it's almost 2 am. Can we please go to bed now?" I pleaded. Camila insisted we binge watch movies we used to love. It had been about six hours and I couldn't keep my eyes open, while Camila texted away on her phone, smiling at whatever she was reading. "Babe." Nothing. "Baby." Still nothing. "Cami." And...still nothing. I sighed. "Karla!" Camila's head shot up, a scowl taking over her features.

"Don't call me that." She growled.

"I wouldn't have if you answered the first three times I tried to talk to you." I rolled my eyes. Camila muttered a sorry before putting her phone on the night stand, face down. "Who were you talking to anyway?"