epilogue: part two

Camila's P.O.V.

I jogged over to the door as I heard someone knock. I opened it revealing the familiar green-eyed girl. "Hey, Lauren! Thanks for coming."

"Of course, Camz." She smiled, giving me a hug. "Oh! Before I forget, this is Ty, my boyfriend." She motioned to the man standing beside her.

"Hi, nice to meet you." I greeted, shaking his outstretched hand.

"Nice to meet you too, Camila." He smiled. I spun around at the sound of footsteps. Y/N emerged from the kitchen after having walked into the house from the backyard. She came up beside me.

"Hey, Lauren and..." Y/N trailed off, eyeing Ty.

"Ty, I'm Lauren's boyfriend." He clarified. She nodded, shaking his hand before giving Lauren a quick hug.

"Shall we head out?" Y/N looked at me before I nodded and grabbed my hand. We led Lauren and Ty out to the backyard where there were about five tables set up. Both of our immediate family and closest friends were seated throughout. "You guys can just sit somewhere with empty seats." She directed. They both nodded and thanked us, taking their seats.

Y/N looked over at me, taking a deep breath. I smiled at her. "Nervous?" I asked.

"A little," she chuckled. "But I'm also excited."

Our staring contest was interrupted by the one and only Dinah Jane. "Hey, lovebirds! You ready?" She yelled from across the yard. Dinah and I had become very close over the past few years. She's helped me through so much and very quickly became my best friend.

Y/N smiled, shaking her head, before leading me down the path in the center of the tables. We stopped under the white arch that was set up in the yard, white roses decorated around it. The older man standing between us, smiled. The rest of the crowd quieting down.

The priest took a deep breath. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered together, in the face of this company, to join together these women in holy Matrimony. The brides have decided to forgo the traditional wedding vows, as they have written their own. At this time, they shall read them to each other." He looked at Y/N, signaling for her to begin.

She took a deep breath, looking me in the eyes, as she grabbed my hands. "Wow...this is happening. Okay...I got this." She breathed out, causing chuckles to emerge from the crowd and myself. "Camila, you and I have been through so much in our lives. We've known each other for years and in that time, we've experienced more than most couples do in a lifetime. But, even after all that pain we went through, and problems we were faced with, I wouldn't trade any of that. It brought us here, to this moment, in front of our loved ones, to commit to each other once and for all. We made it here, finally, after everything and I believe that shows just how strong our love is. It shows that no matter what else we're faced with, we can make it through. So, Camila, after everything, I can still proudly say, that you are the love of my life. You are the one I want to wake up to everyday and go to sleep with every night. I love you, Cami." As she finished, I gave her a watery smile, tears flowing freely down my cheeks. She bit her lip, tears filling her own eyes.

The priest moved his gaze over to me, snapping me out of my staring. "Oh, right. My turn." I cleared my throat. "Y/N, I tried really hard to write something but nothing sounded right, you know? It so hard to put love into words, even though that's kinda my job." I chuckled along with everyone else. "But if I had to describe how I feel, I'd just say that you complete me. I know that one person can't possibly complete another, well that's what other people say at least. Anyway, I think of my life as a puzzle. And without you, there's one piece missing. From afar, the puzzle looks fine, complete even. But the closer you get, the more you analyze it, you realize that, that small piece holds a lot of meaning. It determines if that puzzle is 100% done. You're that piece for me. You add that final piece in my life that makes me fully complete. I can function without you...barely, but I can...but I'm not...finished, if that makes sense. So, thank you for completing me, in every sense of the word. And for forgiving me even after all the times I messed up. I will spend the rest of our lives making it up to you and making you realize the value you hold in, not only my heart, but in my life as a whole. I love you, Y/N, more than you know." My rambling had successfully made everyone cry even harder, which I was proud of, considering I literally just said what came to mind.