Ross is acting strange

Laura's POV

Lately Ross has been acting strange could it be because his parents left yesterday, could it be because he is tired from all his work.... no it can't be that one because he has been through a lot of work and he has never been tired. 

I wonder what is wrong but anyway right now I am in my kitchen doing my chores I don't do chores outside I also do chores inside the house. I just finished washing up when I heard the door I put everything down and went to the front door and opened it to reveal Ross.

Laura: hi Ross

Ross: hi Laura

Laura: what's wrong?

Ross: I want to ask you if I could help you with your outside chores

Laura: Ross you know I don't want you to do my chores 

Ross: but I want to help you

Laura: only if you tell me what's wrong

Ross: what do you mean?

Laura; you've been acting strange lately and I am worried 

Ross: it is nothing promise

Laura: then I won't let you help me with my chores

Ross: but....

Laura: you don't tell me what's wrong then you won't help me with my chores

Ross: I want to tell you but I can't 

Laura: why not?

Ross: I just can't 

Laura: fine 

I walked past him and walked to the stables and brought Princess out and led her to the field and let her go I then closed the gate I walked over to the other animals and let them out I closed the gate and checked the shelter it looks alright I have enough. 

I cleaned our garden up I took the dead weeds, flowers and leaves I watered the garden and I cut the grass and when I put all the tools away I then fixed the fence and the roof of the barn but now and again I would see Ross and he looked at me with a strange look in his eyes but I ignored him.

End of POV

Ross' POV

I have ruined my friendship with Laura again and all because I can't tell her how I feel about her but now and again I would wonder does Laura feel the same and when she said she told me she was worried because of the way I was acting my heart fluttered.

I sighed and walked to my aunt and uncle's house and walked straight to my bedroom then I closed the door and fell face first on my bed.

Ross: why can't I just tell her? Why does it have to be awkward? 

Then there was a knock on the door.

Ross: come in

The door opened and in walked my aunt.

Ross' aunt: Ross what's wrong?

Ross: I might've ruined my friendship with Laura

Ross' aunt: why?

Ross: she asked me to tell her what is wrong but I said I couldn't and she wasn't happy and when I saw her fixing the roof on her barn she looked at me and it wasn't the usual look that she normally gives me it was a look of hurt like I didn't trust her

Ross' aunt: you trust her right

Ross: of course I do and when I asked Demi out I wasn't this nervous but I am nervous with Laura

Ross' aunt: you must've thought you were in love with Demi but deep down you weren't actually in love with her and when you met Laura you truly love her more than Demi

I let my aunts words sink in and I realised that she is right.

Ross: you're right

Ross' aunt: *smiles* if you want to tell Laura go to a place that she likes and then act like normal then when you are ready ask her

Ross: but what if she doesn't feel the same way

Ross' aunt: you never know unless you try

Ross: okay 

Ross' aunt: will you come down it is dinner time

I nodded and walked downstairs well following my aunt down the stairs.

End of POV

Laura's POV

It was getting late so I let the animals back in the barn and locked the gate then I led Princess in the stable and locked her in then I walked inside the house and locked up I made myself some dinner. Once I finished my dinner I cleaned it up and walked upstairs and got ready for bed I put my phone on charge and I got in bed then turned the light off and fell asleep since I have had a long day.

*The next day*

I woke up early this month and put some music on the song that was playing was called 'Jolene' by Dolly Parton I think anyway I walked inside the bathroom took a shower and when I came out I brushed my teeth and got changed into *picture below*

I left the checkered shirt undone I left the earrings and I brushed my hair and put it in a ponytail and then I walked out of the bathroom and opened the curtains and made my bed and walked out of the room and down the stairs I grabbed an apple an...

I left the checkered shirt undone I left the earrings and I brushed my hair and put it in a ponytail and then I walked out of the bathroom and opened the curtains and made my bed and walked out of the room and down the stairs I grabbed an apple and walked out of the house. 

I saw Ross out on his own he saw me and walked over to me and I just looked at him.

Ross: morning Laura

Laura: morning Ross

Ross: do you have any chores that you need help with?

Laura: no thanks 

I walked away from him and went to the tractor it was already stacked up with the hay bails I got in the tractor and drove to the back fields to drop these off.

End of POV

Ross' POV

Laura walked away and got in the tractor and drove off I sighed I really need to tell her but I don't know how to tell her it is really hard to tell your best friend that you like her more than a friend. When Laura was out of sight I sighed and got to work because I knew if I didn't start my work soon my uncle will be talking to me about how I should do my chores.

End of POV