✘Chapter 5✘

"What are you still doing up?! You have school tomorrow! " my dad Joe said walking in breathlessly.

"If you haven't  noticed, my school burned down today." I said rolling my eyes.

I then take a really good look at him, he looks exhausted.

"Maybe you should get some rest, you look like you wore yourself ought today." I said, standing up and turning off the t.v.

Joe blushes at my statement.

"Yeah, something like that. Anyway, you do have school tomorrow, your going to Mezza High. They took you in considering your school almost burned down with you in it. Go to bed!" he said walking towards me

"Okay, I'm going!! Get some sleep dad!" I say walking up the stairs to my room.

"Go straight to sleep Kody! " he yelled up to me before I made it to my room and closed my door.

I change into some pajama shorts and a tank top and go sit on my bed.

I grab my laptop and go back to twitter to see that I have 4 direct message.

@Michael5SOS

"you're gonna just ignore me? "

"I don't go away that easily!"

"Okay, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable..... O_o"

"Okay, I guess I'll leave you alone."

The last dm was sent only 2 minutes ago. I guess I'll reply the head to sleep.

@Kodyluvspandas

"My bad, I was watching teen wolf.!!"

I them turn my bed room light off and make my way back to the bed and under the covers.

I look and see that there is another dm from Mikey.

@Michael5SOS

"YOU LEFT ME HANGING FOR TEEN WOLF?! "

I reply,

@Kodyluvspandas

"Aye, when I see Derek Hale shirtless, everybody gets left hanging, No exceptions.  But, I'm sorry."

@Michael5SOS

"I'm way sexier than Derek Hale, if anything, you should stop Teen Wolf for me any day, but I forgive you. *^▁^*"

I laugh, and thus, our conversation continues till wee hours in the Morning before I fall asleep.

------------------------------------

I'M running down a path with stones. I hear screaming and crashes, yet I don't know where they're coming from.

"Kody,  look out! " A girl yells put from behind me. As I look to the side, I see fire coming towards me and the stronger so I stood in front of him, and held my hands forward like I'm pushing something and next thing you know, the fire is not moving anymore. It's still burning but it's not passing the barrier of my hands.

"Run and don't stop running unless I tell you too!" I yell at the boy.

"No, I'm not losing you when I just got you back, we're in this together!" she yelled.

"This isn't some High School Musical shit, if you stay, you'll die, so run!!" I exclaimed.

Suddenly there is a booming voice in my head,

"The longer you fight it Dakota, the longer you will suffer, and I'll make everyone around you suffer." it said.

Then the fire that was held at bay grew brighter.

"Ahhhhh" I scream, jolting myself out of bed. I scramble out of bed when I hear my dad scream. I run down the stairs and make my way towards the kitchen. I see him standing by the stove and his sleeve is caught on fire.

"I'll get the fire extinguisher! " My dad Tom says, running to get it from under the sink.

I run up to Joe

"Okay, calm down dad, I'm gonna put it out but, you're gonna have to calm down."

"I cant find it!!" Tom  yells, getting a cup of water and throwing it on my dad Joe. Then, the fire gets bigger.

"What the fuck Tom!!" Joe yells.

"Everybody shut up and stay calm, I'll put it out." I take two steps towards and I see that the fire has spread up his arm.

"Kody,  hurt the fuck up!!" Joe yells.

I slowly take my hand and

"No Kody,  don't touch the fire, you'll burn yourself." Joe said moving away.

"Just trust me, I wont" I said.

I  close my eyes then lay my hand on his shoulder and slide it down the arm that's lit on fire. All I feel is warm heat then nothing. I slowly opened my exactly to see Joe's eyes wild and bewildered.

"How did you..."Tom started.

"Do that?" Joe finishes while looking at his sleeve.

It was now put out and it was smoking, but, No Burns on his skin,.

I look at my palm and see that I'm not burned at all. Weird

"OKAY, Kody,  go get ready for school. Joe, get a new shirt will I'll clean up, everyone be read in 30." says Tom.

------—----–------------------

I now make my way into Mezza High. Let's hope this school is different then my ash of a school.

I open the front door and Immediately hear silence. I look around and see No one  here. .. Today is a school day so I think Nothing of it and walk to the office. As I walking in I'm wrong by a  pudgy gray haired lady.

"Hello, how may I help you young lady?" she asks.

"Hi, I'm Dakota. I just came in to get my schedule... " I said.

Recognition flashed in her eyes.

"Oh yes, One moment please."

I wait there for the lady to return. While I wait, I look around at the decorations on the wall. Lots of awards for a small high school.

I hear someone step into the office and immediately I freeze. The aura around them making me want to move closer to them.  I hear their foot steps, then I see them, standing on the right side of me. It was a girl.She had on black skinny jeans and combat boots with spikes on the back. Her shirt was ripped in places like she just got out of a fight. Through one of the cuts on the side, I can see a tattoo but I can't make out exactly what it is. Whatever it is, it's big. Her nails were white  with blue ocean waves . Lastly, her hair was to her butt, and it was black going to dark blue to electric blue.

I guess she sensed me looking because she then turned towards me. I turned my head forward as I seen the receptionist hand me my schedule. I take it and walk without saying thank you.

Before I make it out I heard the girl I left behind speak,

"Who is the other new girl and Why is she here?"

"Now Samantha... "

Great, first enemy and I haven't even spoken to anyone. This Samantha chick is bad news but I can't help but feel drawn to her in an odd way.

I feel eyes staring into my back while I walk away. My life gets better and better. Note the sarcasm.