✘Chapter 9✘

Samantha's P.O.V.

I finally arrive to the little lake, a way away from the school. Dakota was silent the whole way over here. I turn and look at her.

"So, you still confident about our bet?" I asked smirking at her.

She looks hesitant, but nods her head yes.

"Okay, Well let's find out who right." I say.

I then take my shoes off and turn to walk towards the water. Once I get to the edge , I turn and face her again.

"Are you sure I can't control water? " I ask for the last time.

"Im positive you can't control water. " she said sitting in the grass.

"Okay." is all I said before I step back into the water.

------------------------------------

Dakota's P.O.V

I watched as Samantha stepped into the water. She kept her eyes on me, while mines  where on her feet,  going into the water.

Now, she was about knee deep into the water, she spoke again.

"Okay, now Dakota,  I want you to watch the water by my feet understand? " she asks.

"Gotcha, " I said leaning forward.

She the closes her eyes and start to move her hand in a circle above her head.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

She ignored me and continued to move her hands, starting to speed up.

My eyes widened when I started to see droplets of water come form out of the water..  They were floating through the air!!

"How did you do that?!" I exclaimed,  jumping up from my seat in the grass to walking over to the edge of the lake.

I look down at her legs and see the water around her legs get lifted into the air. I could now see her feet sitting on soft  damp sand while she had a huge water Bubble float around her.

"I told u I can control water." she said.

"But...I..You..What the hell?!?" I yell backing away

"Yup, so now you get to spend a week with me.!!" she exclaimed sarcastically.

I then watched as she slices through the water, making it split into two water balls in each hand.

"Maybe you should use your powers and see what happens." she said.

"What powers?  I don't have any powers. " I said,  stepping away from her.

She drop the water balls and walk towards me.

"Are you sure about that?" she asked stopping in front of me.

"...Yeah?" I say, forming it into a question..

"Wanna try and see ?" she asked with a glint into her eyes.

"Sure."

"Okay, I want you to put your palms facing the sky and think of fire. How it smells,feels, and where you want it. You want it in your palms. " she said.

"Alright"

I do as she says. I think of Nothing but fire in the palms of my hands..I think of it burning brightly,  smelling like sea salt.

As I think of those things, I start to feel my hands warm up. They were getting so hot till the point where I clasped them together to rub them.

"Look at your hands Dakota " I hear.

I look downstairs my hands and see a small balls of fire in my clasped hands..

"How did I do that?" I asked in a hushed tone,  looking at Sam.

She made a little ball of water and grabbed my hands.. What was weird was, instead of the fire going out, it got stronger.

"You are my Phoenix Dakota."