Attracted By Anxiety

Requested by Nuconteza050. A request to write an Au where Boruto and Sarada are strangers and he helps Sarada out with her pain and anxiety when he sees her having a panic attack. I lowkey wanna make this a sad one-shot, but hey my hands are too sore from my field trip this feb 15, 2019. I just started writing this when I got home so please don't expect too much. By the way there's a lot of songs so suggest to read this on a laptop or a computer so you can play the music while reading. Lyrics are in bold while thoughts are in italic.

3rd person pov

"God damn it! Stop teasing me Boruto!" Sarada punches her blonde best friend's shoulder lightly. She flushes a light pink while he just laughed loudly at her. "You Sara? You're going to sing in the school event today? Is this a joke? HAHAHHAHA!!" He cackled loudly while Sarada frowned at him.

"Oh shut up blondie!" Sarada pouted at Boruto. "Just be happy your my crush or else, I would've murdered you baka......" she muttered to which he didn't hear. "What was that you said? I didn't quite hear you." He said with a hand to his ear. "Whatever, I really need to get going. They need me now." Sarada said with a nod.

"Oh you're going already? Well good luck Sara!" Boruto cheered as Sarada began to walk away. Sarada waved at him from her shoulder and continued walking to the school theater. Once she knew he was out of earshot she spoke to herself. "You're lucky I love you if not I would've slapped the shit out of you." She softly spoke to herself.

She passed a few halls till she got to the theater. Silently, she walked inside the backstage and noticed the rest of the contestants of the contest there getting ready. "Deep breaths, deep breaths. You can do this." She told herself and began to get ready.

After a few minutes passed the competition started and Boruto sat at the far back with his friends to watch Sarada. He was curious to see what his best friend has in store. And then the emcee spoke, "Alright, let's all welcome Sarada Uchiha who will be singing I keep on falling by Gabriella Whited." 

Sarada walks into the stage with a mic and her friends cheered. She faked a smile at the crowd. To them she looked like she's doing really great but inside she's really nervous, her insides were spiking with anxiety. The music began playing and she started to sing.

"Say you like a bad girl, baby I'm the baddest. Only want my touch Cuz I know it's your habit. But we always fight and maybe you're the maddest. I'm addicted and I can't get past it." She started while she sweated persistently.

 "Told you no lies, told me no cries. I'm just a mess till we undress. Why did you have to go and all I said was take it slow. That doesn't mean I shouldn't know what you're doing. All I really wanna know is if you're texting other girls Cuz I should be the only other person." She continues to sing.

"Oh my God." Boruto said in shock. "I know right. We heard her sing in practice and she was a fallen angel. Just like these chips here." Chou chou said while munching on her beloved potato chips.

"I keep on fallin Into pieces every day. You don't need me In the way that I need you. I keep on fallin when you say that you can't stay. Why'd you have to go away when I need you? No one could ever try to make me feel this way cuz you make me feel insane and I want to." She sang.

 "I keep on fallin into pieces every day. You don't need me in the way that I need you Ima steal your heart boy You don't even know it Rollin with a bad chick don't ever show it Feelings got too deep yeah Deeper than an ocean You keep on filling with all my emotion."

"Why did you have to go And all I said was take it slow That doesn't mean I shouldn't know what you're doing." her hand was suddenly on her heart as if she was touched by the line.

"All I really wanna know. Is if you're texting other girls Cus I should be the only other person~" 

'What the hell? I didn't even know she sings?' some in the crowds thought.

 "I keep on fallin Into pieces every day You don't need me In the way that I need you." she then gestures to her blonde best friend.

Boruto.

The reason why.

The reason why she's here.

Why she's singing in front of all these people.

She wants him to notice her.

Not just as a friend.

But to acknowledge her as something more.

"I keep on fallin when You say that you can't stay Why'd you have to go away When I need you?" she asked to no one in particular.

"No one could ever try To make me feel this way Cus you make me feel insane And I want to." everybody else in the audience sang with her.

"I keep on fallin Into pieces every day You don't need me In the way that I need you." she repeated the chorus along with the audience singing with her.

"Sometimes I just want you to stay. Did you have to go there?Can you tell me where?"
"And everything we used to say. Did you just let it go? Will you let me know?" she asked. She was already trembling inside. And her hands were already shaking.

"Cus I get a little messed up in my head. When you don't call me back, Say what you're needing I just wanna know that you're on my side. So baby let me in, I'll tell you all my secrets. You can be my king and I can be your queen If you just let me know You're alright." a tear fell out of her eyes. Dang, she does relate to the song.

 "I keep on fallin Into pieces every day You don't need me in the way That I need you..."

 "I keep on fallin Into pieces every day You don't need me in the way That I need you.."

 "I keep on fallin when You say that you can't stay Why'd you have to go away When I need you?"

 "No one could ever try To make me feel this way Cus you make me feel insane And I want to I keep on fallin Into pieces every day You don't need me in the way That I need you." she finished the song and quickly ran back in the back stage.

The emcee awkwardly laughs at her exit, "Alright. Such a beautiful voice for this raven! Next up is... "

Boruto didn't bother to listen to the emcee anymore and ran into the back stage to look for Sarada.

He ran into the back door looking for his best friend. "Have you guys seen Sarada?" he asked the stage people. "Oh, her? Sorry we haven't since she ran out of stage." the stage people answered.

"Okay! Thank you though!" he then ran to the people working on the music for Sarada's whereabouts. "Hey have you seen the last performer? Sarada Uchiha?" Boruto asked and they shook their heads.

Then another performer pointer to the private room where Sarada ran in. "She's in there." he pointed and immediately Boruto ran inside there.

Quietly he opened the door only to see Sarada panicking to herself in a corner. Her hands were shaking while her face was pale. She was already trembling.

In short she was having a anxiety attack.

Boruto rushed to her in the nick of time. Slowly, he rubbed her back in soothing circle motions. "Shhhhh......  It's going to be alright. Please don't panic." Boruto then wrapped his arms around her trembling figure.

"I want you to know that I really really love you okay? Not just as a best friend but more than that." Boruto softly whispered to her.  "Y-you ar-are?  Y-yo-you rea-really ar-are?" she stuttered and he chuckled with a nod.

"I guess you could say, I am attracted by the anxiety."