{20}Best Wishes

❇Chapter 20❇
Best Wishes

"Where are you going, sweetie?"
"At the training grounds, to train."
"If Neji-"
"He isn't gonna be there. He has to train in the woods."
"Okay, come back before nightfall."
"I will." You said before closing the door behind you.

❇❇❇

  You were at the training grounds, practicing your signature moves on a tree padded with cotton and sponge to prevent the bleeding of your knuckles, knees and ankles.
"(Name)?" A feint voice called out to you from behind.
"Oh, Hinata!" You pulled her into a tight embrace.
"You got discharged, I'm glad for you!" You ran your hand through her hair.
"Yeah, time heals all wounds as you like to say.."
"Wanna train with me?"
"They said try not to strain or overwork myself because I still have the heart problem but, I'll do a little."
  You both practiced stance by stance and step by step.
"So, what did your dad do, you know, when he found out about the fight with you and Neji?"
"He didn't care." Hinata's tiny grin slowly turned into a frown.
"How can he not care? You're his daughter-"
"He disowned me." She wiped a tear that formed in her eyes.
"What? Sit down, tell me everything."
You both sat down and continued talking.
"He said that I am not fit to rule the household, so he handed it down to my sister, Hinabi."
"Why, why would he do that?"
"He said I'm too meek and fragile, those are the traits of someone unworthy of inheriting the household."
"He can't do that, that's unfair! Inheriting the household is YOUR birthright. And you will fight for it."
"So, what did you say N- Naruto did when I left?" She changed the subject.
"He got mad, he wanted to beat Neji SO badly. He ran his hand on your spilled blood and sworn to avenge you in the final exam. For all I know, he cares about you. A lot."
Hinata smiled with blush running over the bridge of her nose.
"It seems like Neji, can't stop thinking about you."
"Huh?"
"When he meditates, he can't stay focused at all, He hardly sleeps, he barely eats.."
"Oh.." You began to think about Neji and how bad you felt. Even though he's the wrong one in this argument, you can't seem to forget about it.

❇❇❇

   Night had already fallen and you decided to walk  Hinata home. You dropped her off at the door and left. Not too far along the way home, in the distance, you saw Neji who was probably now coming home from training.
"Neji."
"What is it?"
"Whatever happens tomorrow, I wish you all the best, in your battle with Naruto."
"Same as well, to you. In your battle with Suzuki." 
He walked past you without bumping you down with his shoulder, like he always does.
Y

ou began walking but then stopped, and looked back at Neji. He was about to slide the paper door closed but then he looked up and saw you.
Your cheeks reddend as your eyes locked from such a distance that stood between the both of you.
He closed the door as you walked away.

You both noticed, that something was there, that wasn't there before.
(It was love)..

He hadn't left since he closed the door, he stood there thinking to himself,
"I hate you, (Name), I hate you." He spat, squeezing his left chest "For the way you make me feel.."