chapter eight. mother saya

***

***

"i don't know if i actually like him or i just think he's hot and want to fuck him"

***

Simon caught up with Andi at the end of the school day. The Londoner was highly annoyed and the source of his annoyance was one Marcus Lopez Arguello.

He finally understood why the mention of the kid made Andi want to tear her hair out of her head that first day and a part of him wished that she still had that reaction toward the new Rat. Obviously, she didn't since she let him and his Rat friends sit with her for the entire lunch period, even Shabnam, who while not a Rat was still considered a loser. It was practically social suicide.

Simon had warned Marcus that any leniency Andi showed him would only be portrayed to others as a weakness. While in King's Dominion, you stuck to your gang. Even though Andi did not belong to a particular gang, not even the Preps despite their efforts, she still belonged to the legacies overall. Association with Rats was not ideal for her.

At any other school, it wouldn't matter as much. She would have suffered some mean-spirited pranks and such from the others for hanging out with the losers. However, at King's Dominion, these elitist pricks took everything personally. Not to mention they could also kill you.

The blonde already had enemies on the outside. It was why she came there in the first place, for protection. It was kind of ass-backward, going to an assassin school for safety, but it was why she was there. Inviting herself to accumulate enemies within the school was not wise, and it was something she had managed to avoid overall. Until now.

Simon had warned that kid. He warned Marcus that he and Andi hanging out would not be in her best interest and he was right. The entire lunch period he listened to the smart remarks of Soto Vatos, Dixie Mob, and even Viktor's crew of Jocks chimed into the chatter.

Whatever, the brown-haired boy thought. If Marcus would not listen to him, maybe Andi would. He hoped she would.

He caught her walking down the hall to the dorms after dropping her school materials off at her locker. Hurrying over to her, he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her off to the side.

"What the hell?" she snapped, yanking her arm out of his grasp. Simon did not want to snap at her so he forced himself to calm down though he was seething with frustration.

"'What the hell' is right. Why were you sitting with Rats at lunch?"

Andi rolled her eyes. "You're so damn dramatic. I told them to leave and they didn't. I just wasn't in the mood to argue it further."

"Well, you should've been because now people are starting to view you as a Rat thanks to your new friends," Simon explained to her.

"Fuck them. I don't care. I didn't even expect them to all come sit with me, just Marcus. I was going to leave and then Marcus—," Simon cut her off.