Author's Note

^original cover of Voodoo Doll

This isn't the first time this book has been written. This is a rewrite on my book Voodoo Doll, which I started writing in Winter of 2014 and stopped writing in Summer 2016 after seeing 5 Seconds of Summer live. I realized I screwed a lot of the plot up and it wasn't what I envisioned it to be. There was also a lot of mistakes so I decided to stop writing it and do a rewrite.

During the story, it just became something I didn't want. It was boring and I didn't like it. I would reread it and there was no description and there was just dialogue. A lot of things were rushed and expected. Now being 17 and able to understand a lot of the stuff I didn't from 4 years ago, I can fix the storyline to coincide with the story.

Fast forward three years, I have chapters written and there's a lot that still needs to be done. The new title, Broken Summer, embodies the storyline, as Ellie and Luke have one summer and it seems to be falling apart as they fall in love. But I'm going to take it little by little and edit the mistakes as I go. I will put the chapters from the original in the top of the chapters so readers know where I got it and compare if they'd like. I will also put the chapter's original word-count at the top with it and the new word count at the bottom. Chapters will look like this:

Chapter 1

Chapter(s): Prologue & 1
[Word Count: 175 words + 1150 words]

^Story__

End

{word count: 1829 words unedited}

This is a different format but it would make sense. Also, this is still Luke from Summer of 2014, when he was 17, about to turn 18.

I was originally going to publish this in the summer to go with the mood of Summer, but what better way to prepare for summer than to read a summer themed story? Also, I felt inspired by my great friend lukeys_penguin_x as she's rewriting her Luke fanfic, When We Met Revisited —Yes, this is a promo to read her fanfic.

I will publish chapters little by little. I will try to also put songs (from both that time and present songs) and pictures. But be aware, chapters are lengthy. I do apologize for readers who are reading on their phones and have to keep swiping.

Enjoy!
Redpaws0415 (L)

P.S. the cover is also temporary. I need to make a new cover that embodies the story.