Chapter 9 The Last Wish

I slept through most of the next morning and into the afternoon when I was awoken by someone shaking me.

"What-" I see Emilee standing beside my bed.

"I have invited myself over for an intervention." Emilee says.

"I'm not in the mood Em." I say rolling over.

"I don't care." She says moving to the other side of my bed.

"Listen to me." She says sitting beside me.

"You will not feel better, until you get out of bed, get dressed, put on some makeup, and come shopping with me." She says in a serious tone.

"Your right." I sigh.

"Oh and wash your hair." She smiles.

I giggle.

I was so depressed over losing, Eliza that I completely forgot about my best friend! I can't help but feel a little bit ashamed of my outburst last night. Never once have I blamed God for my problems, it was always my motto that he has a plan and everything happens for a reason. Until now, I can't seem to find a good reason for any of this!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Jess, are you sure about this?" Emilee asks hesitantly.

"Yes."

I have come to terms with the fact that I could die any day now. Because of that, I have decided to look for a...death, dress... I'm not sure how to make that sound any better. Emilee has tried to persuade me out of it since the last two shops.

"Have you told Just-"

"No." I say cutting her off.

She raises an eyebrow at me.

"If I tell him, he'll freak out."

"No. The reason you aren't telling him is because you know it's wrong."

I try to pretend like I didn't hear her.

"You know I'm right."

"Will you just help me find a dress? Please?"

She sighs. "Fine."

As we look through the racks of black dresses I can't seem to find one that doesn't look like it belongs on a corps...

"Jess you would never wear any of these!"

She's right.

Emilee laughs, "What about this one?" she jokes holding up a dress that looks like Little-Bo-Peep gone Goth

I laugh. "Only if you were, this!" I joke holding up a dress with poufy sleeves and a bow on the chest.

"I think I just threw up a little." Emilee jokes.

We both laugh. This is the best I've felt this whole week! Eliza may have been easy to talk to like Emilee, but I forgot about Emilee's sense of humor and sarcasm. No one could ever copy that.

Cancer really hates it when I start to have a good time. After Emilee and I decided to stop dress hunting and go to café Grumpy I started to cough, then I had a hard a time breathing, and then I got dizzy so I went home. Waiting for me was a surprise.

"Hey baby." Justin says smiling.

"Justin!" I smile and wrap my arms around him.

Justin didn't seem like himself. Usually he would smile and kiss me, but he didn't. Instead he just kind of stood there hugging me.