Name: Roslyn - Species: Unknown 6

I opened my eyes to scratching sounds and the taps of someone pacing. I sat up instantly, instinctually scanning the room for threats. All I found was Ash walking back and forth across the small room, sketching furiously into her sketchpad, her eyes narrow with concentration.

She didn't seem to notice I'd woken up until she stopped sketching, looked at it for a moment, closed the book, then looked at me. I waved. She blinked then beamed, sitting on the bed. She now wore a dusty rose sundress, her hair all up in a messy bun.

"Have a nice sleep?" she asked happily.

"Yup," I nodded.

"Good," she clapped her hands and stood up again. "I came to get you for breakfast, there are clothes for you there," she pointed to a pile on the bedside table. "Sorry for scaring you yesterday, I'll wait for you outside."

Before I could tell her that it was fine, yesterday hadn't bothered me (a lie, but at least I'd have tried to comfort her) she left the room, closing the door behind her. I stared at the door for a moment before swinging my legs out of bed and grabbing the clothes. I was really hungry. I changed quickly into the black leggings and long purple shirt she'd left for me. I'd ask where the shower was later.

I went to open the door, smiling to myself. I'd already gotten used to living here... I couldn't believe it. Honestly, I'd been in a different year yesterday morning, now I was completely at ease. Life was strange. Then again, I'd always wanted this (or something like it) and I was good at adapting.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. And stopped dead. Ash was on the floor, not moving, her eyes closed. I dropped to my knees, hands on her shoulders.

"Ash?" I shook her gently. "Ash!"

"Hmmm..." she opened her eyes groggily. Then she looked around, my panic ebbed a little, but I was still scared as hell. She opened her mouth like she was about to speak, then stopped, looking behind me. I heard the thump of someone running up and seconds later Sean dropped to his knees beside me.

"Ash?" he pulled her into his lap. "What happened?"

"I dunno..." she blinked in confusion. "I was waiting for Rose to get dressed, then the floor was rushing up to me. My head hurts."

"It's okay," he held her close, she couldn't see his face, but I could. I saw the unshed tears. No- no... she couldn't be dying. All signs pointed to that conclusion, but I refused to believe it. This girl couldn't be dying.

"Where's Patch?" she asked, her voice muffled from her brother's shirt.

"Right here," Patch ran through the hall, hair soaking wet, shirtless, in only a pair of sweatpants.

"Hey," she grinned up at him. "Ok, time to get up."

She pushed away from her brother and jumped up, then staggered. Patch caught her easily, then turned around and she jumped up for a piggy back. I watched in shock. They were used to this, used to dealing with whatever was happening to her.

"Onwards to breakfast," she turned back to me with a grin.

I was helpless to do anything but stare as Sean carried to down the hall to the stairs. It was only when Sean offered me a hand to help me up that I moved. I jumped in surprise and looked at him.

"She'll be fine," he said, more like he was reassuring himself than me. I just nodded and let him help me up.

We caught up to the couple and went to the dining room. My first breakfast in my old home in a different year with a werewolf pack... life has become very interesting. Patch let Ash down and she spun happily, sitting in an empty chair, then motioned for me to sit beside her. As I passed by Sean and his dad I heard them speak.