📚ben hanscom📚

lower case intended:

it was a rainy day in derry maine, and i was at the local library, checking out a book for my mom. she was sick with a cold at home. it was getting a little late in the evening, so i skimmed through the aisle and finally grabbed the book. reading the back to see what it was about. 

"flowers for alegernon?" a voice perked up. 

i darted my head over and saw a cute chubby boy standing about seven feet from me. he had adorable brown eyes and a half smile on his face. he kinda reminded me of theodore from alvin and the chipmunks because of how cute he was. except i was sure he is smart as simon.

"w-what about it?" i asked. now facing my body towards him.

"nothing, just that it's a good book." now a smile had appeared on his face. it warmed my heart the way he said it. he sounded so happy. "my names ben, how about you?" 

i stuck my hand out for him to shake. "[y/n]." ben hesitantly took it with a bigger smile on his face than before, i smiled back. then held my arm comfortingly. "i like your bracelet. where did you get it?" he asked. 

i chuckled as he let go of my arm. "my mom made it for me actually."

"really? i have a bracelet just like it. my mom made it for me too!" he lifted his sleeve up and showed an identical bracelet to mine. it had green and blue on it just like mine. we both chuckled. i looked up at the clock and saw that it was about the time i should be home. "can i hang out with you sometime? grab some shakes?"

ben looked at me with widened eyes, but a smile on his face. "o-of course." he sat down and took out a crumpled piece of paper and started to write on it. when he was done he stood up and gave it to me. "here, it's my address."

i grinned and gave him a kiss on the cheek. when i pulled away his face was red as a tomato. which just made me chuckle. "see you around, hot stuff." and with that, i walked off.