Chapter 29

3 years later

"Your Highness, the invitation came for you."

"Oh my god, oppa. Please don't ever call me that again." you cringed. The man looked at you and flashed his gummy smile.

"What's wrong with it?" he asked innocently.

"Because everytime you say it, you use Darth Vader's voice. I knew it was a bad idea to built the theater in the palace." You rolled your eyes, remembering how Yoongi "suggested" getting an entertainment room to make the palace more modern and homey. He spent so much time in there with his special bed.

"I am your father." he said, and walked away. He's been way too happy since dating Hoseok. The two were a good team, but now they're even more inseparable. They take turn watching over you, but during night shifts, they're always together.

"He's such an old man." you groaned.

"Yah, I'm older than him, what does that make me?" Seokjin yelled from behind. He was busy going over some documents for your upcoming trip to Japan. You sat at your desk and laughed to yourself. The invitation was red, obvious for a wedding. The names were written in gold. Kim Taehyung and Kim Ha Eun.

"I can't believe she's getting married at 20." Seokjin said. He declared himself a bachelor until someone as beautiful as him comes along. Who knows when that will be.

"I think it's cute. They both deserve happiness." You tucked the content back into the envelope and placed it in the draw. The wedding was set for the end of the year, it was currently summer. During the last three years, you always visited Ha Eun and her mom. They're living comfortably in a house near Taehyung's.

Mrs. Kim got a job as a nursery school while Ha Eun is in college, studying international relations. She wasn't mad when you first came to the house. She even said you were more fitted to be a princess. You were glad that she finally got the chance to see the outside world. She even has her own group of friends now, but you were like her sister. The twins were also in grad school, close to graduating. Jungkook is in business management and Jimin is studying law. Everything seems to be fine with the world.

"Speaking of marriage, the officials are still talking about yours." Seokjin reminded.

You flopped down on the chair, sinking in further. The maids behind you freaked at the sight of your messy appearance. "They need to get out of my business. I will get marry when I want."

"Your Highness," he said, which he only does when he's serious. "The law says you cannot be Queen until you are married."

"It is a stupid law created by people who were forced into marriages. I will not be one of them."

"I admire that about you, but you can't stay a Princess forever." He was referring to how the law said you can't become queen without being married. Many media outlets have ran segments about your lack of love, in Korea and abroad when you go on business trips. Forbes magazine even published articles listing eligible royalties and you are always the first on the list.

"I'm not planning on staying that forever. I just haven't met the right guy yet." Seokjin didn't say anything else. He knew better. He knew exactly what you were saying. You were waiting for him to come back, the man you love, the Prince of your story. No one has heard from him for 3 years, even his family didn't even know where he was. He could be dead for all you know. Even if he told you to forget him, there was no way you could forget the love you felt. You shook the thought away and read Jungkook's proposal for a new orphanage.

One of your first missions was to provide better services for all orphanages in the country, like proper clothing, food, and education. You even organized regular field trips to the palace for the children and all them a day to live out their fairy tales. Jungkook drafted a plan and a budget specifically for children with special needs. Maybe he feels more connected, having lost both his mother and father, who died last year of a heart attack.

After signing the approvals, you stood up and headed for the door. "Where are you going?"

"I just need a walk." you answered.

"Be back soon, we have to leave soon for the flight." You closed the door behind you, the air filling you in. Hoseok stood by the door, and he followed you as you walked with no particular destination. Your feet knowingly took you to the garden, and the bench was still there. You see it pretty much everyday, but you've never sat one it. Maybe it was the wedding, or your upcoming trip, but you finally sat down. You can still feel him all around, his head on your shoulder, the breeze from that night.

"I love you, I love you, I love you." you whispered. The day he left, you didn't cry. You didn't talk about it with anyone, not even Ha Eun, not even Hoseok. Not even to yourself.

"Are you okay?" Hoseok asked.

"I miss him." you admitted. Your words got caught in your throat. Hoseok sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Y/N, it's been 3 years. You should move on."

"I can't oppa. The stars will go out before I stop loving him." you said to no one but yourself. The flower waved back and forth, the sun glaring down, the wind took your tears away.