Chapter 3: Neel, Neel Black

Neel's Narrative

Monday morning. Tired as fuck from the night before. Having to run with my pack to chase down some fucking rogues. Having to be an Alpha at night while being an advanced technology mogul during the day, the shit can be very fucking stressful. But I can't lie I love doing both of my jobs. Majority of my pack is part of my multi-billion dollar company and they keep me updated on everything from business in the office to pack discussions at home. It's just hard being an alpha and not having someone to come home to. Not having someone to welcome you with their warm embrace. I feel like I'm destined to be alone, but it's the life that I chose because I don't even believe I'll ever find my mate. Even if I don't I lead my pack to greatness without any worries or struggles. That's how it is. Most of my pack members found their mates except me, but I'm always happy for them even though I don't vocalize it. It's crazy how many wedding invitations I've received and how many receptions I had to go to in order to show presence. The annoyance of it all drains out my energy.

My pack, Moonshine is a mixture of hybrids. I was born a hybrid. My mother was a vampire while my father was a werewolf. Both of my parents were exiled from their covens and they built their own. When I was born, my mother died during birth and my father never remarried because that was his one and only mate. After giving me training and teaching me how to control my werewolf and my vampire's hunger, it became second nature. Most of my pack weren't hybrids, but they did mate with either a vampire or werewolf.

I constantly think about seeing or meeting my mate but I highly doubt it. Others believe that I have a cold heart, but people that are close  to me know I have a big heart for those that I care about. I don't really get romantically involved with anyone. Just a few night stands and drunk nights. Nothing more.

I can't lie I wonder what my soul mate looks like. I'm praying to the goddess Luna right now hoping that my soulmate is a fine piece of chocolate. Your boy has a soft spot for chocolate women. I hope whoever my soulmate is, I hope she's doing ok and that she's safe. I hope that no one is harming her or putting her through unnecessary shit. I just hope that my soulmate will accept me for the person that I am as I will do the same.

I was interrupted from my own thoughts when I felt my phone vibrating next to my night stand.

"Hello?" My voice was a little raspy but the tone of authority was still present.

"Good morning sir. I hope you didn't forget about your flight this morning. Your flight will be leaving in an hour." My personal assistant Adrian said to me. Fuck! How could I forget that I'm heading to Los Angeles today for this damn meeting? I jumped out of my bed with quickness and ease.

"I didn't forget and thank you for the reminder. I'm on my way to the airport right now actually." I was lying like hell, but it wasn't going to take me long to get to the airport at all.

"Alright sir. Also, a woman by the name of Ariel wanted me to tell you that she had a great time with you the other night and hope to see you again."