Chapter 40

Mila's Narrative:

Sitting here thinking of a plan to come up with this money. After my fight with Deon, he hasn't spoken to me nor touched me. He just been keeping his distance from me and every time that he comes to my house, he comes back angry and drunk. Calls me out of my name and even hit me for the very first time. I would've never thought that Deon would turn out to be this cruel, but to say that I don't deserve it would be a complete lie. My impulsive actions cost him to give up his sister because of me. I didn't mean for this to happen, but I am blinded by rage. I just want Lily dead. Every vampire and werewolf has been on the hunt to kill her, even that fucking hybrid.

"Have you figure out how you're getting the money to pay these people that are dying because of you?" asked Deon.

"I'm thinking." I said. I was starting to get frustrated. He has been breathing down my neck about how I'm going to get the money to pay for this hit that I have on Lily and I just don't know what to do.

"See, you're really playing like I'm a fool. I found out something about you, sweetheart. You're a fucking hacker. You've been in and out of jail because of your hacking abilities. Hell, who would've thought that a beautiful thing like you had a rap sheet long enough than my forearm." he said.

"How did you find out?" I asked.

"Police database you fucking idiot. How did you think I found out? You think I've been coming back to this house because I miss you. I keep coming back after finding out more and more discoveries about you that I never thought I would find out about the only person that I love and trust." he said.

Hearing him say this makes me feel ashamed. Hell, it makes me feel dirty.

"What do you want me to do, Deon? I would do anything. Just tell me what to do." I pleaded.

"Do you think you can stop this war? Do you think you can beg the alpha and Lily for their forgiveness? Can you give me my sister back?" he asked.

I got quiet. I didn't know what to say nor do. I just sat there not having anything to say.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" He started taunting me, but I can't say that I don't deserve it.

"I can't do that Deon. You know that it's too late. I can't stop this from happening. The war has already started. I'm not calling off of shit." I said. I was starting to get angry, hell livid even. I got tired of Deon putting the blame on me, but didn't do shit to Lily when she punched me.

Deon walked towards me and I could see his eyes changing color. It was like he was slowly transforming into his wolf.

"You're right it is too late. So what I need you to do is hack into some bank accounts to come up with that fucking money. Also, we're going on a hunt together. We're going to kill Lily and the hybrid together. I also have some information about where they will be going tomorrow morning. So we're going to kill them tonight. Since you don't want to call off this war. You might as well get your hands dirty." he said.

The words that was coming out of his mouth brought chills to my spine. His voice was calm and chilling. I've never seen Deon act like this, but I guess this is the first time for everything.

"Baby, we can come up with a better plan than that." I reasoned.

He laughed at me as if I was telling a joke.

"See, you don't get it, baby. I already have a group of some of my men that are down to kill right now. We're going to go to the hotel that he stays at and kill everyone there." He said.

My eyes grew bigger, not out of fear. I was slowly smiling because I could have my chance to kill Lily myself. It lowkey turned me on a bit at the thought of killing Lily right along with my man. Despite our issues, this will be the moment that I can kill that bitch for publicly humiliating me in front of Deon and that ugly ass waitress.