I Was Heartbroken

(A/N play song when Casey starts singing.)

So this is prom, I think while looking around.

The gym is lit up with brilliant lights and a dance floor is set up. The food table has everything anyone could ever want.

As I gaze around I remember what I'm going to do tonight.

I glance up at Matt and look at his features, he's showing me off like a prize.

He looks down at me and I quickly smile.

I can't let him know what I'm going to do tonight.

As the night progresses I get more and more sure of what I am going to do and when 10pm finally rolls around, they call out my name.

"Casey, our prom queen has volunteered to sing a song for all of you! Give it up for Casey!" The D.J yells out as I walk up to the stage.

I smile as I look around for Sandra and Matt, their both relatively close so this should be good.

"Okay so this song is dedicated to Matt" I say and smile evilly to myself. Here goes nothing.

"You wanna play, you wanna stay you wanna have it all," I start to sing Demi lovato's song.

"You started messing with my head until I hit a wall

Maybe I should've known, maybe I should've known

That you would walk, you would walk out the door, hey!

Said we were done, then met someone and rubbed it in my face

Cut to the part, she broke your heart, and then she ran away

I guess you should've known, I guess you should've known

That I would talk, I would talk

But even if the stars and moon collide

I never want you back into my life

You can take your words and all your lies

Oh oh oh I really don't care

Even if the stars and moon collide

I never want you back into my life

You can take your words and all your lies

Oh oh oh I really don't care

Oh oh oh I really don't care"

I sing out as passionately as I can all the while watching Matts face turn into a frown.

As the break comes up I walk down the stairs with the mic. I walk right up in front of him and start to sing again.

"I can't believe I ever stayed up writing songs about you

You don't deserve to know the way I used to think about you

Oh no not anymore, oh no not anymore

You had your shot, had your shot, but you let go

Now if we meet out on the street I won't be running scared

I'll walk right up to you and put one finger in the air

And make you understand, and make you understand

You had your chance, had your chance"

I stand right in front of Matt singing the lyrics to the song that described our relationship. I stick my finger up and walk away from him, quickly walking over to Sandra.

"I know I never should have said those things, been mean to you, I should have listened because you were right the whole time, can we please be friends again? I miss having you around" I say to her.

She quickly pulls me into a hug.

"Yes" she whispers so only I can hear.

When we pull away I look for Matt and I see him leaving.

Ha!

I point towards him and bring the mic back to my mouth.

"Yeah you better run you a** of a boyfriend" I say.

Everyone starts laughing, I had told everyone the true story of what had happened and what I was going to do about it before prom and most of them all sided with me.

I look over at Sandra.

"You look amazing" I say while looking at her beautiful green dress. It really suited her.

"As do you best friend" she says and smiles at me.

We hung out and danced the rest of the night, catching up on what happened with each other while we were fighting.

I was so blind with fury and the need for revenge I shut her out but now that I have her back I couldn't be more thankful for a real friend.

I Was Heartbroken.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Final authors note soon to come!

Please note: There will NOT be a sequel to this book, I want it to end here.

~1amy__