Jeremiah & Jerome thoughts

-When Penguin asked Jim for help. Now, the fact he had to ask Jim for help is quite important, I feel. I feel that through everything Penguin has done, he would be desensitised to the whole world of criminals... but Jerome was too much. Criminals, especially in Gotham, stick to a 'code'. And Jerome does what Jerome wants, and ignores this code...which frightens Penguin. Now, that main part of this scene that is interesting is when Penguin explains to Jim that Jerome keeps his plan close to him - letting the Horribles know only what they need to know, and when... in this case, such as with Penguin going behind Jerome, the damage would be minimal. Even if Penguin was tortured, he couldn't reveal his plan...cause he just doesn't know. Plus you can tell that Penguin is genuinely scared of Jerome here. He's scared because he's unpredictable.-When Penguin's betrayal of Jerome was /planned/ in a sense - Jerome could see it happening and planned for it to still work in his favour. At least to me, it seemed planned. Jerome knew that Penguin wasn't loyal - it doesn't help that Penguin is a horrendous liar. Anyway, at some point, Jerome must have informed Tetch and Crane of this - how did they know beforehand? So, to me, that means although Jerome is quite dramatic, it's mostly a show. Like a child that acts stupid consistently is eventually treated as if he is actually stupid... but with Jerome, it's more about insanity. He plays up and dramatizes himself so people underestimate him - especially the people who work for him. (I was going to say with, but Jerome is obviously the boss.) But he always watches the people around him...he studies them.-When Jim shot Jerome, it again seemed kind of planned. More of a Plan C or D, but it was still planned. I think Jerome knew the chances of him dying at the end of this particular plan was high, and he calculated that into it. And I think Jerome only really had one goal - and that was to get the gas to Jerimiah. What happened to him (Jerome), was completely unimportant. Why am I saying this? Well, when Jim shot Jerome, Jerome ran to a particular spot - the roof. Which would have made sense so he could see his madness literally fall on Gotham from above? But instead of being on the main part the roof (the safe part) - he was already standing on the edge of the roof. In my mind, his end game, in his mind was to see the world burn, and go out on his own terms... by committing suicide. That would have been the biggest 'fuck you' to the GCPD - he committed an act of terror, and would not be punished for it. He would just stay around long enough, had he the chance, to watch the fall of Gotham City...and then that was the end of him.This was slightly foreshadowed in the previous episode too, I think - when the twins reunited, and Jerome says "We all could go insane with just one bad day. I guess with you it's one bad spray. You'll see." This means that Jerome has already prepared his brother's specially formulated gas. Which begs the question; how far did Jerome plan in advance? Did he foresee his own demise?Now I've gotten some of my Jerome thoughts out - here's some on Jerimiah, and what he could have the potential of, as the Joker.

-Jerimiah is just as, if not more so, smarter than his twin. He is an engineer after all. And a well-respected one at that. He also seems to have a mild obsession with problem-solving - aka the mazes. You can tell by his speech patterns that he is a very intelligent man. Which also mirrors Jerome slightly - while Jerome was all about theatrics and putting on the best show (mainly for himself), I think Jerimiah is all about efficiency. Think of it this way - Jerimiah managed to cage Jerome in his home for an unknown amount of time, which is a feat in itself. But if you think outside the box for a moment, you realise that while Jerimiah planned out his home, he included the cell(s) like the one he kept Jerome in. He did say he knew Jerome would come for him eventually, so the fact he had prepared isn't so startling. But then the cogs start turning and you begin to think... what was Jerimiah going to do with Jerome, had Tetch and Crane not freed him? I think he would have just left him there, and watch him suffer.-So that brings me on to another point I'd like to make. Obviously, this is just ideas since we don't know very much about Jerimiah. But I think Jerimiah is much more cunning and colder than his twin. Why? Because even as a child, Jerimiah formulated a plan to get Jerome out of his life, and make Jerome's life miserable - that's why he spun the stories of Jerome trying to kill him to his mother. Jerome, in my mind, would have been the troublemaker - the child you couldn't ignore. And she had seen some slithers of the potential of who Jerome would eventually become...so she believed Jerimiah. Jerimiah, who made sure his homework was done, and he always made an effort to make sure he was in their mother's good books...so she would believe him nearly instantly. So while Jerome's insanity is much more obvious... Jerimiah has had it as well. He just knew how to play people to his own advantage.