Chapter 12- Breathe easy, breathe hard

With Skyra charging ahead, the others had to run like they never had. There wasn't much wind, so each step was like touching lava. It ached.

"S-Skyra... Can you... Slow down?!" Toby groaned whilst panting, taking a break because his body couldn't handle it. Skyra didn't hear his proposal so he just continued on running. Nelly, Ebisu and Darragh stopped a bit further on.

"I knew this would... Be a bad... Idea." Nelly panted, not able to run anymore. The foursome stood together to catch their breath while Skyra zoomed off ahead.

Skyra, realising none of team were running after him anymore, rushed back to the others.

"Uh, thanks for letting me run by myself!" Skyra said in a sarcastic tone.

The others gave him a dirty look, "Well, thanks for leaving us behind!"

Skyra didn't say anything, for he admitted his defeat.

"But... We need to find the generators! Or at least, we need to find the New State. No time to lose!" Skyra complained.

"Just because you're different, it doesn't mean you have every right to think we're like you. We can't run forever!" Darragh fussed, in an annoyed tone.

"And think of how sweaty we'll get! Ugh!" Nelly moaned.

"Yeah Skyra, we don't have kickass powers like you!" Ebisu cried.

Toby folded his arms, "We get tired real quick, too."

"Okay, okay! I get the point!" Skyra butted in,  "You lot don't wanna run because you'll get stroppy. You could've told me!"

The other four smacked their faces with their palms. The word they could've used for Skyra then was 'Gullible'.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me." Toby muttered, shaking his head. Nelly narrowed her eyes at Skyra.

"Are you going to continue being an idiot or are you going to actually be USEFUL?" She yelled at him, venting her anger out at him.

"Women these days! Sheesh! Calm your boots for once!" Skyra cried, a little worried about what Nelly would do.

She turned away from him, still angry over the fact that he could be so stupid. Silence filled the air before Skyra broke it.

"I'm sorry..." He began. The others continued to stand there and look at him.

"Look... Will you guys forgive me?" He asked, showing a sense of sorrow, "I swear I mean it."

The others stayed quiet for a moment, until Darragh spoke up.

"It's fine." He sighed, not really wanting to accept the apology. The other three nodded in agreement with him.

"Okay, so we need to find the New State, and we are at..." Skyra began, trailing off. His voice was brought back on track after a moment.

"...Old State. How original!" Skyra chuckled, sarcastically. The others had to let out a chuckle, for the way he said it couldn't be contained inside.

"So really, we're ten minutes away. Shall we just walk there?" He questioned, deciding to think about his team for once. The four gave a quick nod to him, showing agreement. The group strolled on, reaching their destination ever so slowly.

The five eventually arrived at the border of the Old State and the New State. Quite convienentally, it was a bridge that arched over a body of water. The bridge seemed quite old, as a part of the bridge was gradually caving in, like it had been for a long matter of time. This didn't break Skyra's determination, however.