Chapter 13- Lost

There haven't been any signposts for hours. We're practically in the middle of nowhere. The only thing I can see for miles are endless fields, I can't see any trees or any signs of life, let alone a laboratory. Christie is huffing and puffing, Conor is cursing under his breath, Saki looks as if she's thinking about something and Azzy continues on walking. I'm concerned that it's dark, for walking in the middle of nowhere at night sounds awfully dangerous. I don't even know what I should do.

"Saki?" I ask, grabbing Saki's attention as I walk closer to her.

"Yes?" She asks back, with a pang of perplexity in her voice.

"Where are we?" I question. Saki has a long thought about this, and starts to pinch her lip as if she was deep in thought. Perhaps even she doesn't know where we are. Maybe no one does. No one at all.

Saki finally comes out with an answer, one that I'm not exactly expecting.

"We'd only know if we were heading north."

"And how would we know that?" I quiz.

"Did you ever do astronomy at school?" Saki asks.

"I suppose I did a bit of it, not sure if my knowledge would contribute to anything, though. Why?" I probe.

"If you look at the consellations, you can figure out which way is north, if you know how to." She replies, "It's not exactly a party trick or anything, but it could be useful in a situation like this."

I frown unknowingly, "Didn't you tell Azzy?"

"You expect a woman like her to listen? She thinks she's going the right way, so let her be." Saki shrugs, "Anyway, what are the other two doing?"

I look over to see that the two are walking, with some distance in between them. Since it's quite dark, I can only make out figures, with Christie's hair being the only thing that I can use to tell the two apart.

"Meh, they're just walking."

"Thanks, I couldn't see them, that's all." She explains. The answer is met with a simple nod from I, as we continue walking into the endless.

The sound of the communicator surprises me. I wouldn't have expected Azzy to use it. But here she is, using it to talk to someone that I can't identify the voice of.

"If you wanna keeps trying, you won't get anywhere. I recommend the route I said." The communicator affirminitively speaks.

"Fine, I'll take the stinking route you said. Bye." Azzy retorts, before putting the communicator away.

"What was that about?" Christie questions, picking Azzy's brains.

"Turns out that if we keep on walking ahead, it'll take us forever to get there. We have to go that way." Responds Azzy, pointing to her right.

"Can't we rest? My legs are killing me..." Conor groans.

"Fine, I guess I'm pretty beaten, too." Azzy says wearily. She simply lays down on the ground below, much to our surprises.

"Come on, it's not like anyone's here, we've walked too far in for anybody to come and find us." Azzy says persuadedly. Christie is the first to do the same, followed by Saki, then Conor and then I. I lay by Saki, as her knowledge of astrology intrigues me. She's a little more away from the group, almost wanting to be in her own zone.

"Saki?" I ask, my voice almost a whisper. I lay down besides her, and put my hands behind my head in a relaxing way.

"Hanzo." She mutters, marking her privacy.