Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)

Rukia Kuchiki
Bleach
Non-Lemon

You had a unique ability of turning simple missions into catastrophic mishaps.

That was how the day started, you and Rukia were to investigate an evil spirit lurking in a remote village high in the snowy mountains, and you eventually cornered the ghastly creature...

That was before you accidentally triggered an avalanche that buried your surroundings, leaving you and Rukia lost in a snow storm.

You both wore your standard Soul Reaper attire along with heavy cloaks to guard from the cold, which bit at you both as stomped through the deep snow.

You both also carried backpacks filled with your Reaper equipment.

For a while, all you both saw was the white of the storm, and all you heard was the roaring of the wind.

Nevertheless, you both continued in your set direction, hoping for a safe haven.

And eventually, a safe haven you did find.

It was a modest cabin, seemingly abandoned due to the weather for a safer location.

You and Rukia wasted no time in entering the cabin, quickly shutting the door behind you.

Rukia started a fire in a fireplace as you looked for supplies.

You found some supplies, nothing special.

You: Got some cans of beans and a-

You felt Rukia throw her backpack at you with enraged force.

Rukia: YOU ASSHOLE!!!

You: What!?

Rukia: What? What!? We had the spirit cornered and you started a damn avalanche!

You: Okay...okay...maybe I jumped the gun.

Rukia: And to top it off, you got us lost in a snow storm! That we barely survived!

You: But...we did.

You smiled at Rukia nervously.

Rukia: God...I can't stand you sometimes...

Rukia sat by the fire and warmed up, as you laid the supplies on the table.

You: Look...I'm...I'm sorry, okay? I saw it swing at you and I panicked...I...I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt.

Rukia looked at you over the couch she sat on, faint sympathy in her eyes.

Rukia: You...you need to stop worrying about me. It will get you hurt.

You walked up to Rukia, putting your hand on her cheek.

You: Better me...than you.

Rukia held your hand on her cheek, uncertain as what to say.

You: You don't understand Rukia...I've known you since we became Soul Reapers, and...I've always felt that I needed to protect you.

Rukia: I know...you always have my back.

You: But it's more than that honey, it's gotten to the point that I can't stop thinking of you.

Rukia: Honey?

You caught your words.

You: I'm sorry, forget I said that.

Rukia blushed lightly, and looked at the fire.

Rukia: There's not enough fire wood to keep the fire.