8x16 (english)

AN: This is pure fantasy and will most likely not happen. Hope you enjoy anyway.

-

When someone knocked on her door, Donna flinched. She knew it was him and that could mean two things. 1. Their plan had worked out or 2. It didn't. She opened the door and for the first time in a while she couldn't figure out what he was thinking the second she looked at him. He entered the apartment and sat down on her couch, but not before pouring himself a drink.

„Harvey..did the plan work?" Donna asked, almost afraid of the answer. She couldn't bare the thought of being the reason for his resignation or even worse for him loosing his license.

„The firm is okay." Harvey murmured and avoided looking at her.

„What does that mean?" Donna asked. She hated that she was so terrified that she wasn't her usual self. Normally she would have figured out what that meant within a second.

„It means that the firm is okay..because I resigned." Harvey confessed and stood up from the couch, placing his drink on the couch table.

„What? Harvey, no. You can't..our plan was perfect. It would have worked out." Donna said despairingly.

„Donna, it's fine." he assured her.

„It's not fine, Harvey!" Donna snapped, „This is all my fault..." She started walking in her living room, agitated. He lost everything because of her. How could anything ever be okay again?

„Donna.." Harvey said, „Donna..listen to me." He took her hands into his and she stopped dead in her tracks. She wasn't used to his touch.

„It's okay, Donna." Harvey whispered and looked her deep in the eyes.

„But..the firm..you worked so hard..I.." Donna stuttered, a silent tear escaping her eye.

Before Harvey could stop himself, he had placed his thumb on her cheek to wipe away the tear. She was shocked by his sudden move and looked up, directly into his eyes.

„Harvey..I am so sorry.." Donna whispered, not taking her eyes off of his.

„Don't be. I mean it, Donna." Harvey mumbled, „Is everything okay between you and Thomas?" He really needed to know. For her sake and for his.

Donna was a little surprised by his question and he saw it in her eyes. Their bodies were nearly touching, his thumb was still stroking her cheek and their eyes were locked. It wasn't the kind of question you expected in this kind of situation. But when has anything ever been normal for the two of them?

„Uh..we decided that it would be to complicated so uhh we broke up." Donna said, avoiding his look, but not willing to step away. Their closeness brought an unknown comfort.

„Are you okay with that?" Harvey asked softly.

„I guess." she answered honestly. It really didn't hurt as bad as she thought it would and Harvey could read it in her face.

„That's good." Harvey whispered with a smile.

„Why?" she asked, before he laid his lips on hers. His body was now pressed against hers. It was a soft kiss, until Donna deepened the kiss by kissing him back.

„Harvey..what does this mean?" Donna asked out of breath, when they parted.

Harvey smiled.

„It means that I just lost my job and I didn't care. I thought it would destroy me, but all I kept thinking about was you." Harvey said, looking in her eyes the whole time.

„But..." Donna had just started talking, when Harvey cut her off.

„There are now but's. I love you, Donna." Harvey replied convincingly, „We will figure something this out....and we will deal with the firm in the morning."

„What if it can't wait til the morning?" Donna asked.

„I just told you I loved you and all you can think about is this. Like I said, it's going to be okay." Harvey said with a slight grin, softly caressing her cheek.

His fingers were so soft, it send a shiver down her spine. Of course she had heard his confession. The second he had said it, her heart had skipped a beat. Donna slowly leaned in and laid her lips on his. It was a soft and short kiss and she stopped it before he could deepen it.

„I love you, too." Donna whispered and a smile grew on her face.

He smiled, too. That's when their lips crushed together. The kiss was full of passion and desire now. They found their way to her bedroom in no time. The firm was already forgotten. Any kind of problems had to wait til the morning. In this moment, all they cared about were each other.