Chapter 16-30

Chapter 16: New Job

Li Xiuying: "Mmmmm"

Elder Qin: "You can tell us any conditions you want and we'll do our best to accommodate you. You can state the amount you want for your salary, your work hours and which departments you would like to work in."

Li Xiuying: "Preliminary contract?"

Elder Qin signaled to a well dressed man who suddenly appeared behind him: "Shan, hand the contract to Dr. Li."

This man was Elder Qin's and Qin Song's assistant Cao Shan. His family had been loyal worker's to the Qin's for generations. In fact they were also related through marriage as Cao Shan's aunt had married Elder Qin's younger brother.

Cao Shan stepped forward and handed the contract over to Li Xiuying.

Li Xiuying: "Pen and paper?"

Cao Shan handed over the prepared items to Li Xiuying.

Li Xiuying pushed her plate and bowl to the side and placed the contract and paper side by side. She crossed her legs underneath her and started going through the contract jotting thing's down as she read.

Elder Qin was watching every move Li Xiuying made. He couldn't remember a time he was this nervous.

Zhou FengMian was annoyed by Li Xiuying's attitude. She didn't believe someone like Li Xiuying could possibly get a better job offer. She should be grateful that Elder Qin was even willing to hire some second rate no name doctor.

Zhou Fengmian: "Elder Qin is making you such a good offer, you should be more respectful and accept. What's the need to go through the contract so meticulously? Do you not trust Elder Qin? Are you questioning his integrity?" Her eyes no longer contained tears and were now replaced with righteous indignation.

Elder Qin: "Miss Zhou, this is Qin family business and you currently do not have the surname Qin, so do not interfere. Do you think people just sign a contract without reading it?"

'Why was his son so adamant about marrying this banshee?' Elder Qin couldn't figure out why his eldest son would want to marry someone he could barely tolerate.

Seconds turned into minutes. Elder Qin's heart was racing in his chest. He watched as Li Xiuying continued to circle, crossed out and noted things down.

20 minutes had gone by. Li Xiuying was finally done.

Li Xiuying: "Elder Qin, I will work for a three month trial period. I will only work from 9 until 2. No night shifts, no on call shifts. If I am contacted out of my work hours then I will detract the time from my regular hours."

Elder Qin nodded. Dr. Li could worked so quickly, she could even do two appendectomies in the time it took a regular surgeon to do one.