Chapter 46-60

Chapter 46: The Soul Unraveled

Apartment 5

Li Xiuying looked at the dishes she had prepared. They were all artfully placed on their respective plates. The aromatic fragrance and beautiful appearance immediately caused one's appetite to be stimulated.

Li Xiuying nodded her head. She took off her apron folded it and put it away in a draw.

There was a ringing coming from the foyer.

She picked up the phone in the foyer. "Hello"

Wang Juan: "Hello Dr. Li this is Wang Juan calling from reception. I have a Miss Ren here. Were you expecting her?"

Li Xiuying: "Yes please allow her to come upstairs. Thank you."

She then put the phone down and waited by the front door.

Two minutes later there was a knock at the door. Li Xiuying unlocked it and pulled it open.

Li Xiuying: "Hello come in."

Ren Daiyu: "Hello Xiuying! Thank you for having me."

She had a massive smile on her face.

She came in and stretched out the hand carrying the bags towards Li Xiuying.

Ren Daiyu: "These are just a few snacks I bought. There's some ice-cream in there too, so you'll have to put it in the freezer."

Li Xiuying took the bags and briefly looked at the contents. She didn't recognize anything in the bag. Li Xiuying: "Thank you. There are some slippers at the side for you to wear. Let's head to the kitchen to eat."

Ren Daiyu took off her shoes and replaced them with a pair of fluffy pink slippers. She followed behind Li Xiuying towards the kitchen. Ren Daiyu was enveloped by a fragrant and appetizing aroma and it was getting stronger the closer they drew near to the kitchen. She swallowed a big mouth full of saliva.

Li Xiuying went to the freezer and put away the ice cream. She but the two bags on the side for later.

Li Xiuying sat down on a chair at the counter and Ren Daiyu sat next to her. There were already plates and chopsticks as well as serving utensils next to the dishes.

Ren Daiyu took in all the dishes on the counter: "Xiuying you didn't have to order in especially for today."

Li Xiuying: "I didn't."

They began eating in a comfortable silence. Each occasionally putting food items on the others plate. Li Xiuying initially thought there would be plenty of leftovers but only a singular spring roll remained on a plate.

Ren Daiyu sighed in contentment: "I've never eaten such a delicious meal before. That was the best meal I've ever had, which restaurant did you order from? I'm going to be there no.1 customer from now on."