Ch161-168

161**

All the children first went to pet the animals as per Madame Qin's instructions. She didn't want them to lose their stomach contents. 

Rui Rui sat on a small stump as she gently petted the snow-white rabbit on her lap: "Your name will be Péngsōng the second." She felt the name made him sound more prestigious. 

Lee HuiQing patted the lamb on its head. "Good boy."

Little 4th  sat on a stump and was surrounded by the chicks and ducklings. The contrast between his stoic face and cute yellow fluff balls walking and sitting all over him was comical. 

Gou Sheng and Jun Wen each walked after the running crias. They really wanted to catch them but they were far too sensible to run around like common children. Additionally, they didn't want to give Li Xiuying the satisfaction of feeling that she had won their approval so easily. 

Two bodyguards hovered around the mini petting zoo. He Bo stood at a reasonable distance from madame Qin and Qin Jie. 

Madame Qin: "So Xiuying. How is your new home?"

Li Xiuying: "Good."

Madame Qin: "And your car? We can change it if you would prefer another make and model?"

Li Xiuying: "Good."

Madame Qin: "Tell me, how is work going?"

Li Xiuying: "Fine." She took out another flask and handed a cup to madam Qin, she then poured her some mint tea. 

Madame Qin immediately read into Li Xiuying's responses 'Everything else was good. Why is work just 'fine?'"

Madame Qin started behaving like a mother hen: "Are you getting along with everyone at work?"

Li Xiuying: "Most." 

Madame Qin: "If anyone causes you trouble just go to Qin Song."

Qin Jie looked up at madame Qin and quirked a brow. 'Does mom secretly hate Li Xiuying. Did she forget about that team leader who had problems and decided to tell big Bro. What did big bro do? He told her she didn't know what real problems where and he was happy to enlighten her about this topic. I don't know what happened exactly but this idiotic woman caught bro on a bad day. I'll have to ask if the woman ever came back after 5 months of sick leave.' This was essentially asking someone to run from the frying pan into the fire. 

Li Xiuying frowned: "Hmm?"

Madame Qin: "Well you know he does have an important role in the hospital but he is still an external party that deals with personnel and non-clinical issues. Sometimes its good to get the opinion of someone who is not directly involved in the same field of work but has knowledge about the field."

Li Xiuying nodded. 

Qin Jie applauded his step-mother in his mind: 'Well done Mom, you have managed to find a plausible explanation. Mom is actually being genuine. I wonder if mom is trying to set Li Xiuying up with big bro? What about Zhou FengMian though? Plus what will bro even say about it... maybe I should tell dad that mom is scheming again.'

Qin Jie took out his phone and messaged Qin Xie Jun: [Yo, in a fight between Li Xiuying and Zhou FengMian who would win?] 

Qin Xian Jun [Yo younger brother. Depends, what are they fighting for?]

Qin Jie rolled his eyes [You're older by 2 minutes. Dunno. Big Bro?]

Qin Xian Jun [Listen time is of the essence. Respect your elders and don't talk back. What? Is mom scheming to get them together?]